Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmfresco

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2002
Ann Arbor
I sent the following email to the developers of Newton Mail, but wonder if there are any other hapless or ideally happy Newton Mail users who have upgraded to iOS 17?

Newton broken on iOS 17 and iPadOS 17. I get notifications that emails are hitting, but the app crashes upon opening. Once in a while, I am fast enough to log out, but that does not fix it. Deleting and reinstalling the app does not help.

There’s also an issue with MacOS Sonoma. Newton fails to pull down emails. The only way to fix the situation is to Update the password. I have both a Gmail and Exchange with my employer and it’s broken on both. (Note: They acknowledged this issue and it does not appear to be unique to MacOS Sonoma)

We pay good money for Newton and you guys do little to earn our money. Please fix these situations. There have been Developer and Public Beta for a long time and it would appear you have done nothing to keep current with the various Apple OSs.

Comonwest

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2023
Bonjour

Il est inutile d'attendre quoi que ce soit de cette société - il suffit de regarder dans le Google Store les commentaires ... je viens de me faire rembourser par Apple l'abonnement que je venais de prendre et je vous conseille Canary mail app , qui a une maintenance parfaite, un support professionnel et bien plus de niveaux de sécurité.
sont en train de résoudre un BUG qui fait que les comptes iCloud se synchronisent mal sous la version Android. Si vos terminaux sont "Apple" l'abonnement annuel est deux fois moins cher que celui de Newton, mais il faut le doubler si vous êtes sous Android / Windows et non seulement sous IOS / macOS. L'appropriation de Canary est plus complexe, mais c'est un produit très haut de gamme, à tout point de vue. Bon courage !

MajicSho

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2016
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
I just left this reply on the App Store:

Used to be my default email app for years, but recently updates have been few and far in between.
Now with iOS 17 , the app is completely unsupported and crashes upon opening. This is at a time when many other email apps such as Spark, Canary Mail, etc… not only supported iOS 17 from day one, but they were ready with interactive widgets, bedside mode and have introduced AI summary and email writing in their recent updates.

Shame really when people pay money for their subscription service and get nothing in return.

Reactions: dmfresco and max2

dmfresco

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2002
Ann Arbor
You inspired me to try Canary again. I like it so far. The only way it's inferior to Newton (when it worked), is that one cannot create templates with attachments. I also cannot figure out how to add my calendars to Canary but not the end of the world.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.