Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

travel4fun

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Hi,

I know this is impossible to know, but do you guys think that the design of the iPad mini will change radically next time Apple throws a new edition on the street?

The reason I ask is that I do not have an iPad mini, but I plan to buy one within the next year or so. And right now, this day, dodocase has an 40% offer on all their goods. I would like to buy a case for my future device.

And again; I know it's impossible to know. I just want you thoughts on the future design.

Personally I think the next iPads will look like the ones we see now. Perhaps a bit thinner.

Thanks...

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
I think it will remain the same. I don't think we'll see a radical redesign of the mini for quite a while considering they just redesigned the big iPad to look like the mini. Of course, we won't know for certain until the end of the year.

travel4fun

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
@iamMacPerson

Yeah. You're right. And I might get the iPad min retina anyway. I don't think that Apple will introduce anything I cant live without in the future iPad mini.

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
@iamMacPerson

Yeah. You're right. And I might get the iPad min retina anyway. I don't think that Apple will introduce anything I cant live without in the future iPad mini.

Personally I'm waiting until the end of the year to upgrade my iPad. I'm curious to see if they shake all the bugs out of the current iPad mini Retina before I plunk down $600 on a new iPad.

I don't know why, but I can wait to upgrade my iPad no problem, but with my iPhone I need to upgrade whenever I can.

travel4fun

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
I love my iPhone 5. No need for the 5s'er, and I really hate the idea of an iPhone with a really big screen. 5" is way to big for me and my pocket.

I have no hurry at all to upgrade my phone and I'll keep my 5'er if phablets are the future for iPhones.

Thats why I like the iPad mini. Small, smart and fast. I do not need an oversized iPhone and a iPad mini. And I dont want a big phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.