Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexapplemac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
....latest rumour suggests it might just be a speed bump, but with apple redesigning their products and making them silver etc why would apple release ANOTHER updated model of it's most popular computer, the macbook without redesigning it????

:/

alexapplemac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
i agree that the design is great but as it's the ONLY product left that is white they casn't leave it for much longer, and especially with reports from 9 to 5 that theyve seen new slim black macbooks and all the rest of the talk

its all strange really

hidehide

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2007
People already saying there is update when I first bought my macbook, which is 7 months ago :)

Tumeg101

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Orange County, California
I actually kind of hope it is just a speed bump, because I love the current look... I am starting to think they wont redesign it until macworl '08 like many people were saying... but I have a few questions if this is true...

If the speed bumps will just be raising the mid and high end MacBooks by .04ghz (making them 2.2) would it be worth it for me to wait a few extra weeks to get my first mac??
If they do add SR, what will that do? (yeah, idk what SR is)

OdduWon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2006
CaliVerse
MBT and MBPT

if the MN goes aluminum then what will visually distinguish it from the MBP?
though id the MB gets a re-design then it will come with the new apple remote, since it's styling ques play off the white plastic and rounded edges and if they change, where does the apple remote fit in?

perhaps the mew MB will take ques from the imac. Black aluminum with a GLASS SCREEN ;). macbook touch before imac touch....could it be?

ripplet

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2007
I actually kind of hope it is just a speed bump, because I love the current look... I am starting to think they wont redesign it until macworl '08 like many people were saying... but I have a few questions if this is true...

If the speed bumps will just be raising the mid and high end MacBooks by .04ghz (making them 2.2) would it be worth it for me to wait a few extra weeks to get my first mac??
If they do add SR, what will that do? (yeah, idk what SR is)

Yes, definitely worth it to wait a few more weeks. Trust me.

Firstly, SR = Santa Rosa. Which is the processor the MBP's are using.

What will that mean? Faster processor, cooler system, better performance.
Why? SR has a feature that made the FSB (front side bus) dynamically switching. This means that if your MB is in low powered state, it will notice it and automatically save battery by pulling back some power.

Apple has a few options for the MBs in the coming 'business week of Oct 22'.
a) Release Leopard, Speed bumps for MB + SR (Redesign MBs in Jan'08)
b) Release Leopard, Speed bumps for MB (Leave SR for MWSF)
c) Release Leopard, Redesign MB + SR

I'm going for (c). :)

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
I love how people make the same topic like every 14 minutes instead of searching and doing a bit of research.

Dybbuk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
I love how people make the same topic like every 14 minutes instead of searching and doing a bit of research.

I love how people think they are somehow above people who aren't as forum savvy.

Seriously, how does it affect you? Really?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.