Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
I definitely understand the lack of LTE, micro SD slot, and removable battery being an issue for some people.

That's the freedom of choice, ladies and gents; choices are not always easy to make. Hard choices are still better than no choices, I think.

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 9, 2011
I definitely understand the lack of LTE, micro SD slot, and removable battery being an issue for some people.

That's the freedom of choice, ladies and gents; choices are not always easy to make. Hard choices are still better than no choices, I think.

Exactly, whe are living the good years of tech. , i always have these feeling that suddendly a wall is going to hit but atm i try to enjoy everything and with lick of choices.

technowar

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
Cebu, Philippines
Google's stance regarding the Nexus is that it wants the phone to be as widely available as possible.

As for features, the Nexus doesn't come with any additional software features like S Voice, S Cloud, etc. It's nothing but stock Android, which can be a plus or minus depending on usage. For example, some people don't want stock because it seems intimidating and it is a chore to get all the apps they may consider to be "basic". If I take Korea as an example, no subway map app, no navigation app, etc.

On the flip side, others like how they get a blank slate with the Nexus.

Hardware-wise, the two are neck to neck, IMO.

But but but, can you install those S Voice, S Cloud, subway map app, navigation app in a Nexus 4? Or the root thingy?

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
But but but, can you install those S Voice, S Cloud, subway map app, navigation app in a Nexus 4? Or the root thingy?

Google has Google Now, which is infinitely better than S-Voice (and SIRI). They also have cloud features like Google Drive or even just your Google Account. All your email, contacts, even texts if you want, apps, music, books, etc. all sycn with your Gmail account now.

Navigation? I think you'll be fine with Navigation on the Nexus 4. ;)

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 9, 2011
@onthecouchagain thank you very much for your inputs/opinions and the other guys too :) i might pick a N4 myself too considering the very very nice price.

Thanks again.

technowar

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
Cebu, Philippines
Which is which? I already have an iP4S, and torn between NX4 or the NX7. If I'll get the NX4, I'll be having 2 phones now which is redundant. I'm leaning towards NX7 because it's a tablet. But it all depends on the build of NX7. NX4's amazing.

Edit
I think NX7 is out of the picture. NX4 has better specs than the NX7. Well, there's no harm in having 2 mobile phones.

Last edited:

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Which is which? I already have an iP4S, and torn between NX4 or the NX7. If I'll get the NX4, I'll be having 2 phones now which is redundant. I'm leaning towards NX7 because it's a tablet. But it all depends on the build of NX7. NX4's amazing.

Edit
I think NX7 is out of the picture. NX4 has better specs than the NX7. Well, there's no harm in having 2 mobile phones.

Why are you comparing a phone to a tablet anyway? I love the build quality of my Nexus 7 but I have it in a Poetic case.

technowar

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
Cebu, Philippines
Well, apparently I am torn what to pick between NX4 and NX7 so I resort to comparing their specs instead. It may not be wise, but it won't be even wiser to compare the NX7 with the new iPad Mini. Also to add, I'd like to buy Android this time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.