Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slitherjef

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Earth
Out of the blue this morning my screen on my Nexus 6p decided to go out. At first in chrome it got very sluggish and no response. My pie menu control went missing so I'm thinking it's a gravity box issue. I tried rebooting but the screen would not respond so I had to hold down the power button until it shut off.

That worked to reboot but still no menu control (I had the trigger on bottom) so I disabled it and opted to go back to the regular navigation control.

Still having issues. Nothing triggers on the bottom control menu wise.

A number of reboots and messing with gravity box I'm back to using the pie menu but triggering from the sides.

The menu no matter which one will not trigger or work on the bottom where it normally works.

Other stuff does seem to work but why would the navigation menu just stop working on the bottom?

This is my daily driver but it's not looking like it's going to be much longer. I'll he headed out to work in a bit so will have to deal with it the rest of the day.

Obvious steps will be to reboot into recovery or safe mode clearing the cache, update or take the beta 7.1 I'll need to use FlashFire to update since I'm rooted. Disable xposed or uninstall it.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm utterly disappointed right now. Im using a work around to make my phone work that has pretty much sat since I was home last night and was fine last I knew.
[doublepost=1477590703][/doublepost]I did boot into safe mode and was able to get the pie menu to trigger from the bottom like it's supposed to. I rebooted back into regular mode and still able to use the bottom navigation menu like before so looks like something was fixed during the safe mode.

At least things don't look like a hardware issue.

No idea what the problem was or how it got fixed or if it is fixed but it's working as normal at least for now.

Reactions: MRU
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.