Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GuilleA

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2015
Buenos Aires
So, I just got these NFC tags and wanted to create some Personal Automations. Seems like it's not working at all. I can read the Tags, named them and create the automations, but nothing happens when I put the phone near the tag.

It doesn't matter which type of automation it is. I've even tried with a simple Speak Text and nothing. The tags are working, my 12 mini is able to read them but that's about it.

Smart NFC is able to read them and shows me all the info and details about the tag. I tried with three different ones and automations are simple not working ( and yes, I tried enabling a disabling Ask before run).

Any ideas?

GuilleA

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2015
Buenos Aires
iOS doesn't support NFC, not really. You can open http links and perhaps one other type, but anything else needs to be done via the Shortcuts app.
That's exactly what I did. The Shortcuts app has a NFC tag item in Personal Automations, which can trigger scripts and actions upon scanning a tag.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.