Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Buadhai

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2018
Korat, Thailand
Anyone know why the NFL no longer makes their NFL Game Pass International Apple TV app available in the US store? I contacted their customer support which had no answer and told me I had to switch stores. Trouble is, I subscribe to Apple Music. Switching stores means unsubscribing and losing all that music. I won't do that.

I'd be happy to pay the NFL to watch their games, but if they don't want my money I guess I'll have to find another way.

bumbo

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2009
The NFL app (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/nfl/id389781154) seems to stream live games with a Game Pass subscription.

I'm in the UK so can't confirm but seems to do what you need

If not, create an account with another iTunes store and download it that way? You don't lose anything on your main account either.

Buadhai

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2018
Korat, Thailand
As soon as I run the Game Pass part of the NFL app I get a message that says:

App Not Available
This app is currently not
available in your country or
region​

If I use a different Apple ID to log in to the Thai store (I live in Thailand) it creates endless havoc. I tried it once to download a Gatmin map of Thailand. After that debacle I vowed to never do it again.

Soondae

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2012
Hua Hin, Thailand
It's been this way the past three years or so. You have to create an Apple ID in the country you want to watch International Game Pass from, switch to that Apple ID and then go to the APP store for that country. Be aware that there are different NFL Game pass APPS for Europe, USA and International (everywhere else). I am always logged into my USA Apple ID but when I need to get the International Game Pass APP I switch to my Thai Apple ID. You need to re-download it annually. Once it is installed you can switch back to your USA ID and the APP will run and auto update just fine. You only need to visit the international APP store before start of season to get the APP for that season.
[automerge]1572399271[/automerge]
Anyone know why the NFL no longer makes their NFL Game Pass International Apple TV app available in the US store? I contacted their customer support which had no answer and told me I had to switch stores. Trouble is, I subscribe to Apple Music. Switching stores means unsubscribing and losing all that music. I won't do that.

I'd be happy to pay the NFL to watch their games, but if they don't want my money I guess I'll have to find another way.
See my other post, Switch stores to your Thai ID, download the International Game Pass APP, then switch back to your US ID. The NFL APP will work correctly for international subscribers. Be aware that you can't use a DNS or VPN service while using the NFL Gamepass APP. It must see your host country IP address. Some DNS providers have channels that allow you to switch off the DNS service for that particular channel. I leave my DNS set to USA except for the channel that controls Game Pass which I leave switched to OFF. Works great!

Last edited:

Buadhai

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2018
Korat, Thailand
Thank you. That worked. It seems to be much easier now to switch between Apple IDs. It used to be you had to log out with one and type in the new one. Now all the Apple IDs associated with that Apple TV (three in my case) are listed and it's easy to pick the one you want to use.

Thanks again.

Soondae

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2012
Hua Hin, Thailand
Thank you. That worked. It seems to be much easier now to switch between Apple IDs. It used to be you had to log out with one and type in the new one. Now all the Apple IDs associated with that Apple TV (three in my case) are listed and it's easy to pick the one you want to use.

Thanks again.
Yes they added the multiple Apple ID's in TVOS 12. Definitely makes it easier to switch APP stores.

Buadhai

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2018
Korat, Thailand
Yes they added the multiple Apple ID's in TVOS 12. Definitely makes it easier to switch APP stores.

Oddly, my Thai Apple ID was truncated (name.las instead of name.last[at]gmail.com) so I had to delete and re-add it. Otherwise, just fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.