Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
I am subscribing to NFL GamePass and have an issue as soon as I click on REPLAY of any game. The NFL app crashes. This happens on both my ATV4K and ATVG3. I am running the Beta on the 4K but not on the G3 so it doesn't seem to be the beta.

The games work fine on both my iPhone X and iPad Pro. Xbox One also runs without any hitches.

Has anyone else experienced the same?

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
I got the email yesterday confirming they are working on the issue.

I only have the trial period one week subscription so if it does not play nice on Friday I will cancel until it does.

I did pay monthly with PayPal last year, and the quality on a lot of the games was terrible. I called after 3 weeks to cancel and they were very insistent that I couldn't cancel since I actually bought the whole season, but split up the payments. Well, that didn't do it for me so I just told PayPal to not authorize them as a merchant, and boom, it was essentially canceled.

We'll see how this goes....

Soondae

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2012
Hua Hin, Thailand
I am subscribing to NFL GamePass and have an issue as soon as I click on REPLAY of any game. The NFL app crashes. This happens on both my ATV4K and ATVG3. I am running the Beta on the 4K but not on the G3 so it doesn't seem to be the beta.

The games work fine on both my iPhone X and iPad Pro. Xbox One also runs without any hitches.

Has anyone else experienced the same?

NFL Game Pass seems to no longer be supported on my ATV Gen 3. On the 4th gen units they have multiple APPS depending if you are in the states, international or Europe, I use the international version. So it appears that in order to clamp down on ATV3 users whom were able to use international subscriptions they just shut the APP down. Steve are you seeing the ATV3 APP no longer working?

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
NFL Game Pass seems to no longer be supported on my ATV Gen 3. On the 4th gen units they have multiple APPS depending if you are in the states, international or Europe, I use the international version. So it appears that in order to clamp down on ATV3 users whom were able to use international subscriptions they just shut the APP down. Steve are you seeing the ATV3 APP no longer working?
My gen 4 has been working great, but I haven’t checked the gen3 yet. Will do in a day or so.

The gen 4 worked after the first couple of games, but then there was literally no fast forward control and the app was very wonky when trying to pick a game to watch.

The last couple of games or so and the app is actually working fluidly in all areas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.