Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pavlonjablon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
Hi, I am playing NFS Carbon with Logitech Formula Force EX Wheel. Everything goes well, but I wasn't able to switch the force feedback on... not in the game, as I was trying to find out so far... Is there any Logitech Control Panel app or anything that I can use to set it up properly? Thanks

J

jasdelta

Hi, I am playing NFS Carbon with Logitech Formula Force EX Wheel. Everything goes well, but I wasn't able to switch the force feedback on... not in the game, as I was trying to find out so far... Is there any Logitech Control Panel app or anything that I can use to set it up properly? Thanks

What computer are you using? I have tried twice to install NFSC on my Mac Pro and can't even get it to accept a wheel in the choice of controls section. I have a Logitech Wheel also, but not the model that you have.

Jim

pavlonjablon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
What computer are you using? I have tried twice to install NFSC on my Mac Pro and can't even get it to accept a wheel in the choice of controls section. I have a Logitech Wheel also, but not the model that you have.

Jim

I'm using Mac Pro 2x2.66 3GB 10.4.10 and the wheel was recognized immediately - i am able to control the car with it, but have no feedback:mad:

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
Do you mean in OSX, or in Windows via Boot Camp?

If the former, there is no force-feedback API in OSX, and I doubt if the game directly supports force feedback hardware, so I'd be very surprised if force feedback worked - in any OSX game.

J

jasdelta

I'm using Mac Pro 2x2.66 3GB 10.4.10 and the wheel was recognized immediately - i am able to control the car with it, but have no feedback:mad:

Hmm, that is the same that I'm using, just 5GB instead of 3. Did you plug your wheel into one of the front USB's? That's where I have mine. Is your sound all garbled starting with the startup movie? Mine is totally garbled from the start throughout the program.

Jim

pavlonjablon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
Do you mean in OSX, or in Windows via Boot Camp?

If the former, there is no force-feedback API in OSX, and I doubt if the game directly supports force feedback hardware, so I'd be very surprised if force feedback worked - in any OSX game.

In OSX - the game recognizes the connected wheel, everything goes well...

Hmm, that is the same that I'm using, just 5GB instead of 3. Did you plug your wheel into one of the front USB's? That's where I have mine. Is your sound all garbled starting with the startup movie? Mine is totally garbled from the start throughout the program.

Jim

Yeah, I've connected it into the front one (the top most:) ). All sounds are perfectly allright... did you try to mess up with the sound settings in the ganme?

J

jasdelta

In OSX - the game recognizes the connected wheel, everything goes well...

Yeah, I've connected it into the front one (the top most:) ). All sounds are perfectly allright... did you try to mess up with the sound settings in the ganme?

Well, that's where i connected mine too. No I didn't do anything with the sound settings at all, just started out from the beginning all garbled. My sound is through a set of Bose Companion 5 Speakers, and in all other programs the sounds are fine.

I've contacted EA tech support, but so far just got a response with an apology for not responding sooner.

I guess I try a third install to see how that works.

Jim

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.