Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eicca

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
15.6 ran absolutely perfect for me. 15.6.1 introduced a bunch of irritating bugs, the first of which is Night Shift being completely backward. It activates at high noon and not at all when it gets dark. I've rebooted, changed the settings around, nothing works. Anyone else seeing this?

eicca

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
Anyone else seeing this? It is consistent. Night shift turns on around noon and turns off around 11pm.

v0lume4

macrumors 68020
Jul 28, 2012
Does Night Shift use location services since sunrise and sunset vary depending on where you are… I’m wondering if it’s a location issue.

eicca

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
Does Night Shift use location services since sunrise and sunset vary depending on where you are… I’m wondering if it’s a location issue.
It does, but every other location-based function of my device works just fine, including the Sunset-Sunrise automatic Dark Mode switching.

nikkah

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2022
> Anyone else seeing this?

YES! Its been bugging me for ages. Whatever setting I try, "Turn on until tomorrow" checked and unchecked, it always deactivates around sunset time, or the "custom from" time, instead of activating (getting beige-ish).

I tried every setting :(

-------

Sorry, wrong thread, I meant my Macbook. Reposted here

Last edited:

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
Are you using Sunrise to Sunset or what? If so, have you tried just setting it for a time of day and seeing if that works better?

(I tend to use f.lux myself, since it has a whole lot more options.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.