Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djeeyore25

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 23, 2014
New York City
If you use an iPod Nano to track your runs with Nike+, the data will no longer sync through iTunes. This begins with iTunes version 12.7. Nike support confirmed this with me via Twitter. You can manually insert the data using a Nike+ app on iOS or Android.

bsh007

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2017
Manuallny? In XXI century? :(

I'have spend a lot of money on those nano 6gen and all the nike+ sensors and now they are useless :-/

SPfister9

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2017
If you use an iPod Nano to track your runs with Nike+, the data will no longer sync through iTunes. This begins with iTunes version 12.7. Nike support confirmed this with me via Twitter. You can manually insert the data using a Nike+ app on iOS or Android.
[doublepost=1508338883][/doublepost]

That's very interesting. While I'm experiencing the same issue I'm getting regular email updates from someone at Nike support. The conversation started on twitter but moved to email and they're updating me weekly - still no progress, but I am getting updates that say they are working on it.

djeeyore25

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 23, 2014
New York City

That's very interesting. While I'm experiencing the same issue I'm getting regular email updates from someone at Nike support. The conversation started on twitter but moved to email and they're updating me weekly - still no progress, but I am getting updates that say they are working on it.
If Nike wants to bring back the feature, I'm all for it. Remembering to manually enter my run data gets tiresome!

Béa GB

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2017
Me too! I'm so deceived by this new issue, I hope Nike is really going to fix that. Meanwhile I'm trying to reinstall my iTunes 10 back. Not only tapping all the data is boring, but loosing the "on the way" data is also very lame.

gascanio

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2018

Does Nike or Apple already fix this problem with the newest version of 12.7 ? I won't update my itunes until this bug is fix.

IgorMan

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2018
To solve this problem, you need to downgrade to iTunes version 12.6.3. You can download it from apple website:

https://secure-appldnld.apple.com/i...-9FEF-11E7-B113-91CF9A97A551/iTunes12.6.3.dmg

After installation, open the ~ / Music / iTunes / directory and rename the iTunes Library.itl file, for example: iTunes OLDLibrary.itl. Now you can run iTunes 12.6.3 without any problem.

If you use Windows, you can download iTunes version 12.6.3:

32-bit: https://secure-appldnld.apple.com/i...8-9FEF-11E7-8504-92CF9A97A551/iTunesSetup.exe

64-bit: https://secure-appldnld.apple.com/i...A003-11E7-8324-03D19A97A551/iTunes64Setup.exe

Install iTunes version 12.6.3 and enjoy again your iPod & NicePlus sync!

Best regards from Russia ;)

Reactions: Richard8655
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.