Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
I just got a brand new sealed in box Nike band off eBay. But I have to fight it to install in my series 7. It does not slide in easily and click in place. I gotta force it in there. And getting it out is just as bad. Anyone else come across this with Nike bands? Do I need to wine and dine the watch first before it lets slide in the band?

BuckeyeMamaw

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2020
I just got a brand new sealed in box Nike band off eBay. But I have to fight it to install in my series 7. It does not slide in easily and click in place. I gotta force it in there. And getting it out is just as bad. Anyone else come across this with Nike bands? Do I need to wine and dine the watch first before it lets slide in the band?
I had the same problem with my 2020 Nike Pride Sport Band the first few times I wore it. It slides in now, but it is a tight fit.

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
That doesn't sound right. Contact Apple Support, they should be able to send you a replacement.

All the best.
I’m guessing apple support not gonna help with an eBay purchase that was 50% off the retail price

mk313

macrumors 68000
Feb 6, 2012
I have a couple of Nike bands & on one of them, the side that comes in S or L is a real tight fit. I wouldn't say I have ti fight to get it in, but it's definitely tighter than my other bands, or even the other half of the same band. It's still like that to this day. I've tried cleaning the end, but it hasn't helped.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.