Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Allosunshine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2011
UK
Anyone else using Nike+ Running and found that the GOS tracks not uploaded after a run but showing fine in app?
I'm on beta 2 on an iPhone 6.

Allosunshine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2011
UK
Looks like there is a bug. I'm not getting my GPS maps uploaded to the website either.

I walked round the house for a minute yesterday and the map uploaded. I did do an uninstall and reinstall beforehand so give that a shot.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I walked round the house for a minute yesterday and the map uploaded. I did do an uninstall and reinstall beforehand so give that a shot.
Thanks, about to do a run and will give it a try. Did it go back and upload your previous map data are is it still missing? Mine is still missing.

Allosunshine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2011
UK
Thanks, about to do a run and will give it a try. Did it go back and upload your previous map data are is it still missing? Mine is still missing.

There will be nothing to upload if you reinstall. It just downloaded what had been uploaded so no GPS tracks just all the other data as if it had been on a treadmill.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
There will be nothing to upload if you reinstall. It just downloaded what had been uploaded so no GPS tracks just all the other data as if it had been on a treadmill.
Sorry, I guess my question was poorly worded. I meant after reinstalling did the Nike+ website sync with the missing GPS data. For instance anytime I make changes in my Garmin Connect app (or website) the changes are synced to keep them the same. Other Apps do this also like Strava and RunKeeper. However it doesn't look like Nike+ does.

Allosunshine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2011
UK
Sorry, I guess my question was poorly worded. I meant after reinstalling did the Nike+ website sync with the missing GPS data. For instance anytime I make changes in my Garmin Connect app (or website) the changes are synced to keep them the same. Other Apps do this also like Strava and RunKeeper. However it doesn't look like Nike+ does.

Within settings in the Nike+ app you can download all your runs but because no GPS data was uploaded when you actually did that particular run there will be no GPS data to sync and because you uninstalled the app all the GPS data for that activity that was on your phone will be lost. See picture.

Attachments

• IMG_0677.jpg
    IMG_0677.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 66

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Still no GPS mapping data uploaded for today's run. I just did an 8 miler (8.3 using a Garmin 620 HRM) and I noticed as I was running the Nike+ App was measuring off (long). It ended up measuring 8.67 (even my :apple:Watch was close at 8.25). I still get a GPS map on my iPhone. Luckily Nike+ is my 2ed (or 3ed) backup.

Allosunshine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2011
UK
Still no GPS mapping data uploaded for today's run. I just did an 8 miler (8.3 using a Garmin 620 HRM) and I noticed as I was running the Nike+ App was measuring off (long). It ended up measuring 8.67 (even my :apple:Watch was close at 8.25). I still get a GPS map on my iPhone. Luckily Nike+ is my 2ed (or 3ed) backup.

I take it you reinstalled?
Gonna do another test.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
We got a Nike+ App update yesterday and was hoping. However it is still the same. Has anyone emailed Nike about this? Luckily for me it is my 3ed backup so not a priority.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.