Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

logicstudiouser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2010
I am a frequent Nike + Running app user. I am on the latest version of iOS 6 (6.1.4) on iPhone 5 with the latest supported version of the Nike + app for iOS 6 (version: 4.5.4).
I noticed the app stopped syncing new runs on May 8 and when I called Nike support today, they weren't sure why I was having issues, but they cited a recent 'patch' as a possible cause.
The person I was speaking with didn't indicate if my issue will ever be resolved. The only suggestion was to update to latest firmware so I can download the latest version of the app (which is not what I want to do!)
I can still record runs, just can't sync them with my account.
Any other iOS 6 Nike + users experiencing this problem?

logicstudiouser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2010
Update:
Confirmed, this is an issue experienced by all ios 6 users.
I contacted Nike again and they were able to confirm that an update they made has caused the disconnect for all ios 6 users with the Nike + GPS running app. I submitted feedback. They couldn't tell me if they were going to fix it, but it didn't sound likely based on the call.
I would encourage anyone that is an iOS 6 Nike + user to submit your feedback so the website problem can be fixed
You can contact them directly by calling 1-800-379-6453 or you can visit the Nike + support page to send an email. The more voices, the greater the impact!

Relentless7

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2015
Nike + Running App for iOS 6 No Longer Syncing Runs to Nikeplus.com?

logicstudiouser,

As a 4th Gen iPod Touch user who cannot update past IOS6. I have sent a message to Nike concerning the inability to sync since May 6.

Unfortunately, before I read your post I tried deleting the app to fix the sync issue not realizing support for IOS 6 had been dropped. My Time Machine backup only contains versions newer than 4.5.4, which you informed me was the last version to work with IOS 6.

I also synced my iPod Touch after deleting the app which caused an automatic backup. Meaning I now have no Nike+ app and no way to restore or download anything but the latest version which is not compatible.

I can't believe this happened, I have over 2000 miles. Do you know of any place I could download a version of the Nike+ app that works with IOS 6?

Thanks

Relentless7

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2015
Update

I did get version 4.5.4 installed but now get error message when logging in. I guess this is part of the sync problem we are having. Only now I can't even time my runs.

logicstudiouser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2010
I did get version 4.5.4 installed but now get error message when logging in. I guess this is part of the sync problem we are having. Only now I can't even time my runs.

Ya, ios 6 users that try logging in now will not succeed, since Nike made changes to the website around the May 6-8 timeframe. Ios 6 users already logged in can still record runs, but can't sync them to the website.

The fact your device is not capable of updating past ios 6 makes your feedback more valuable than mine. I would recommend giving Nike a call and telling your situation and telling them to send off your feedback. Nike claims all feedback related to the app are reviewed.

In the mean time, I am going to continue to record runs in the 4.5.4 app and manually add them to Nike from a device running ios 7/8. The major downside is the loss of your runs on the map, but I will still see them on my phone and I plan to get a garman watch to retain the map info separately.

In the coming weeks, we will see if Nike addresses this problem or abandons a segment of their user base. I hope they do fix the problem, but I am prepared in the worst case scenario.

If they don't fix the issue, your best option is to either get an ios 7/8 device, use a Garman GPS watch or use a Nike + alternative.

Relentless7

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2015
Update update

This from Nike:

Currently, the Running App needs iOS 7 or above to run, and is no longer compatible with iOS 5 or iOS 6. If you uninstall the Running App you may not be able to reinstall it because of this. If you do not uninstall the Running App, it is unlikely that runs will begin to sync from it again in the future. In either case, I would recommend looking into any other devices you have that may be compatible with the Running App. If you have questions about whether your iOS or Android device is compatible with the Running App, let me know and I'll get those answered.

I'm not sure why the decision was made to support only iOS versions 7 and above, but I've passed your feedback on to my app development team. It's feedback from our valuable consumers such as yourself that shows us how we can improve our Nike+ devices and services in hopes of providing you the best Nike+ experience possible.

Please also let me know if you have any other questions, comments, or concerns, and I would be happy to help with those as well.

Sincerely,

Annie
Nike+ Support

bebe5577

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2015
have same issue

I have same issue and I contacted Nike+, they said that I have to use IOS7
And since I have ipod touch 4 I cannot upgrade to ios7
So they said that they will back to developer to solve this issue without promises

now i convert to Runkeeper APP instead of NIKE+ but still I feed my workout manually to Nike+ hopping that the issue will be solve
I hope if NIKE+ add an option to import data file so I can import my GPS data to NIKE+

logicstudiouser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2010
@Relentless7 @bebe5577
Just went for a run today using the Nike + app (version 4.5.4) on iOS 6 and at the end of the workout, it synced my run today and all my runs that were not syncing since early May!!!
When I finished the workout, I noticed that it was saying 'Syncing with Nike' for an unusual amount of time. After 3 or 4 minutes, it finished and didn't show the usual 'run not synced' message. I than noticed the 'run not synced' message was gone on my older runs and when I refreshed the run activity page, it updated to today!
Really pleased. Thanks to you guys and everyone else that sent feedback to Nike. Looks like the feedback really paid off!
Hope you guys also are able to use the app and sync your runs now on your devices! Try launching or logging into the nike app (I know some have said they couldn't log in since this issue started, I never logged out so I can't comment if this is still an issue).

DaveOwen

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2015
Mine is working now too - tried it today out of curiousity and it synched all my runs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.