Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fiercetiger224

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
http://gamevideos.com/video/id/10182

Hmm...Wow I didn't think it was that big of a difference?! :eek: I thought Xbox and PS3 version both looked the same, just only the PS3 version was redone in HD, but apparently my memory served me wrong...They definitely improved it. And it looks MIGHTY awesome on my Samsung 1080p TV. :D

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
I still don't get the "next gen" Ninja Gaiden love. :confused:

I hated Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox. Hated it. I know they made it 3d because small minded people in this day and age believe that 2d is dead or insufficient, but...I just hated the game. The camera sucked. The difficulty was ridiculous. The combat engine was ok (at best).

Sorry but I just thought it was a generic button mash/hack-n-slasher. :confused:

fiercetiger224

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
Wait, the though the dev were going to do the sames in SD for the Xbox 360? Why would the ever do that?

Well, basically they've redone the whole game in HD. On the original Xbox, the game ran in 480p 30fps, as compared to 1080p 60fps for the PS3 version. It looks magnificant on a 1080p TV. Not to mention how fun it is. :D

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I still don't get the "next gen" Ninja Gaiden love. :confused:

I hated Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox. Hated it. I know they made it 3d because small minded people in this day and age believe that 2d is dead or insufficient, but...I just hated the game. The camera sucked. The difficulty was ridiculous. The combat engine was ok (at best).

Sorry but I just thought it was a generic button mash/hack-n-slasher. :confused:

I hear ya brother. I really loved the 2D ones because they felt like a proper mature 2D platformer, the 3D ones just feel like a way to get the kids excited as it's now HD. I thought the 3D games were adequate but, just like PoP, Sonic, Lemmings, will never hold a candle to their originals no matter the resolution.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Well, basically they've redone the whole game in HD. On the original Xbox, the game ran in 480p 30fps, as compared to 1080p 60fps for the PS3 version. It looks magnificant on a 1080p TV. Not to mention how fun it is. :D

Oh...its just a port from the Xbox 1...thats weak, I want new games! None of these crappy ports! That goes for the Wii too...I don't want RE4, I want RE5!

fiercetiger224

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
Oh...its just a port from the Xbox 1...thats weak, I want new games! None of these crappy ports! That goes for the Wii too...I don't want RE4, I want RE5!

As far as Tecmo is concerned, they've said that it's not a "direct" port. They've had to rewrite everything from scratch to produce the PS3 version. And really, if you play it side by side, there's a HUGE difference. All the cutscenes are now real-time, and some of the controls implement Six-Axis functionality now. For some reason, I've had more fun with the PS3 demo than I did with the Xbox game. It kind of feels like a brand new title. I guess that's what happens when you don't directly port a title over to another console with just enhanced graphics. :rolleyes:

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
It kind of feels like a brand new title. I guess that's what happens when you don't directly port a title over to another console with just enhanced graphics. :rolleyes:

So they turned uninteractive cutscenes from FMV to uninteractive real-time? They updated graphics and added motion support.

Why does that sound familiar...

Is this one of the pre-coded rumble games? I'd hate to play Ninja Gaiden without rumble :(

fiercetiger224

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
So they turned uninteractive cutscenes from FMV to uninteractive real-time? They updated graphics and added motion support.

Why does that sound familiar...

Is this one of the pre-coded rumble games? I'd hate to play Ninja Gaiden without rumble :(

Pretty much sums it up. Imagine the overhaul from DOA2 Dreamcast to DOA2 Ultimate for the Xbox. Only this time, going from 480p 30fps to 1080p 60fps. Insane. :eek:

I'm also wondering about rumble though...But I hadn't thought about it until you brought it up. :( Not like it's a big necessity. We'll see though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.