Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleGuy08

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Hey all, ugh, i just got Metroid Prime hunters for my ds and im having a hell of a time connecting to WFC. Im not having problems with the router or anything because i can play mariokart online just fine. Whenever i try to log on to the Metroid multiplayer universe, it says "this nickname cannot be used to play on nintendo WFC, change it and try again." Ive tried probably 30 different nicknames, so i know the problem is rooted deeper. Anyone know what could be wrong?

also, i have already successfully linked my wifi id number to the nintendo website, so im all up to date with that.

Avenger23

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2001
Clovis, NM
It sounds like a problem with the cartridge on the WiFi side. I would take it back and tell them what it's doing and see if they'll give you another. You could always try calling Nintendo's support center and see what they say.

AppleGuy08

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Yah : ( that could be why, afterall, i did buy it used from gamestop. so maybe the person who sold it to them did it because of the wifi stuff. Looks like i need to borrow a friends and see what happens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.