Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bfChris2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2014
Virginia, USA
Apple's website says that T-Mobile is a preferred merchant who has arranged to be favored with 3% back on Apple Card for charges from T-Mobile. However, I've had Apple Card through 3 T-Mobile billing cycles and only get 1% back. The first time, I contacted Apple Card and the lady put through a request to get my extra 2%. But since then, I still get only 1%. This did not involve a T-Mobile app, as other threads discuss, nor did it involve going to a T-Mo store. I simply changed the card T-Mo was billing to my Apple Card. I see that people were discussing the 3% back in 2019 on this forum, but those were in-store (T-Mo) purchases. Is anyone else having this issue?

CharlesShaw

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2015
I was about to create a new thread regarding T-Mobile’s pending change to the autopay discount (in July 2023) and saw this one.

While I’m here, to get the 3% the OP refers to, you have to have had Apple Pay as the payment method using the Apple Card. But, as I was notified by text today (and confirmed on their website) the $10 discount for Autopay will soon only be available for debit card or direct bank transfers as the payment method, so, unless someone has a very large monthly bill, it makes more sense give up on Apple Pay and use a debit card to get the $10 off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.