Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trifid

macrumors 68020
May 10, 2011
I had less issues with Vista. I was younger however and functional wifi + browser was enough for me back then.

If they don't fix my issues with 10.13.1 in a month, I'm going back to Sierra for good.

The filesystem issues with the new APFS have the potential to be catastrophic, from all I've heard so far, it doesn't look good at all, and indeed worse than Vista ever was.

TETENAL

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2014
Not sure what the OP means about TM only allowing one backup, Ive always used two, one at home and one at work. Ive also restored from TM twice and both were successful.
I have to agree with that. I also do two TM backups on alternating hard drives. Luckily I only had to restore from such a backup once. It took a very long time, but it was successful.

tw1ll

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
Upgraded an HDD, saw no speed benefit and very first MS Word file I opened gave me the Verifying pop up which took an age. Went back to Sierra without even trying to stick with it. Just appalling that an under the hood intermediate version update would cause the significant, multiple issues being reported. I’m just glad I tried HS on a secondary boot drive first so reversion was trivial.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.