Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macman2790

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
Texas
I'm kinda disappointed because there was not a "one more thing" announced this year. What would you have liked to see at MWSF 07?

No iwork 07
No ilife 07
No Leopard

Even if they left out the "and theres one more thing", they should've had ilife 07 and iwork 07. They were missing lots of things, even the ipod was left out. The phone costs too much. What now?

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Yeah, the no updates on Leopard was strangest. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we saw "silent" updates for iLife and iWork on the website next Tuesday. Probably a special event in a month to show off Leopard and announce some other smallish new products.

twdawson

macrumors 6502a
That has to be the worst keynote in history.

Iwork - wasnt bothered
Ilife - wasnt bothered.
Leopard - absolutely gutted that they did not even give a confirmed release date nevermind a demo.

I think if they keep this up they will have to rename it from Macworld to something else because i did not hear of any mac updates at all.

I guess its not about computers anymore, especially as they are now called Apple Inc and not Apple computers.

thequicksilver

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2004
Birmingham
So much for Macworld. I suppose we did see an updated 802.11n Airport Extreme Base Station, but that doesn't need much fanfare.

The other announcements sound great, but I'm a Mac fan, not an Apple fan, so I'm disappointed with today's keynote.

reckless_0001

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2003
Canada
That has to be the worst keynote in history.

Iwork - wasnt bothered
Ilife - wasnt bothered.
Leopard - absolutely gutted that they did not even give a confirmed release date nevermind a demo.

I think if they keep this up they will have to rename it from Macworld to something else because i did not hear of any mac updates at all.

I guess its not about computers anymore, especially as they are now called Apple Inc and not Apple computers.

I wouldn't call it the worst. Even though I'm pretty dissapointed in the lack of Leopard info. Also, nothing I can really start using in Canada.. AppleTV is no good in Canada since we can't download movies. :(

twdawson

macrumors 6502a
I wouldn't call it the worst. Even though I'm pretty dissapointed in the lack of Leopard info. Also, nothing I can really start using in Canada.. AppleTV is no good in Canada since we can't download movies. :(

I am in the same position as you as i live in the UK. I have been waiting for movies and tv shows on the music store for months.

Very very very disappointed in Apple.

reckless_0001

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2003
Canada
I am in the same position as you as i live in the UK. I have been waiting for movies and tv shows on the music store for months.

Very very very disappointed in Apple.

I think the best was when they released Safari right after the keynote... The whole world got to use it right away. :p

Jedi128

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2005
New York, NY
I'm not disappionted in Apple.... that iPhone is an incredible product. I can't wait to see one in person.

I realize the fact remaines that no products were released for today, and only two products were talked about. Well, I guess the airport is released today, but it wasn't mentioned in the keynote. It was odd that there was nothing on Leopard or iWork or any other software. And what about displays? It is a major shift in focus to not have any iPod or Mac news. Steve did say at the end that the ?TV and iPhone should be seen as a mac and an iPod...

Still, the iPhone was very impressive. I thought for sure I would be disappointed in an Apple phone, but this one looks incredible...

ghall

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
I thought it seemed a bit strange to announce the iPhone at MacWorld. It seemed more like a thing that should have got it's own special event later on.

This keynote has given me a sense of where I see Apple going, and even though the new stuff seems really cool, the future I see is not a pretty one. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems Apple is bloating itself by offering too wide of a range of products. Sure, the Mac is pretty much at the center of it all, but I'm just worried about the future of the platform. I think Apple may neglect the Mac line and focus too much on the iPod, iPhone etc.

benpatient

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2003
wow am i disappointed. I was completely excited to see a leopard preview, the iTV and maybe a new MacPro or something cool.

instead we get the world's largest cell phone (look at those photos of the guy's hand holding one! it's huge!), and we get a 2 year contract obligation even with a half-a-grand+ price tag! Never mind that when you get right down to it, it's just another cell phone. If the cell phone concept was so terribly broken until now and needed apple to "fix" it, then why are there, as they said this morning 900 million cell phones sold? Doesn't sound too broken to me!

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
I'm sure Leopard and the Mac platform will see plenty of updates in the upcoming weeks. I also think that devoting the majority of the keynote to the iPhone shows how important Apple considers the product to its future.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Yeah, since it's cingular I don't care about the iPhone, and Apple TV is useless ion my opinion. They should have gotten 1080P into it, then I might buy. No iLife and iWork? I know its been said a hundred times already, but this was a dissappointment.

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
While I don't think they keynote was *that bad*, the stuff released was still pretty cool except for being largely US only oriented, it probably *is* actually the worst keynote to date. All keynotes are good, this was just the 'least good' one of the lot. Would someone care to name a worse keynote by Apple?

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
that fact that steve was choked up about the families of his design staff probably means that this was the ONLY thing on the agenda. definitely look for bumps to computers starting in 3 weeks; Apple has done that in the past.

BengalDuck

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2006
Listen to the first two minutes of the keynote speech...

"2007 will be a great year for Mac. But this is all I'm going to talk about with Macs today." something like that... he said watch in the coming months.

Retired
May 16, 2006
Stop whining! At least there will be none of this iPhone speculation crap anymore.

Ugg

macrumors 68000
Apr 7, 2003
Penryn
I thought it seemed a bit strange to announce the iPhone at MacWorld. It seemed more like a thing that should have got it's own special event later on.

This keynote has given me a sense of where I see Apple going, and even though the new stuff seems really cool, the future I see is not a pretty one. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems Apple is bloating itself by offering too wide of a range of products. Sure, the Mac is pretty much at the center of it all, but I'm just worried about the future of the platform. I think Apple may neglect the Mac line and focus too much on the iPod, iPhone etc.

I can't imagine how Apple Inc. is "bloating itself". Mobile computing is the way forward, surely you don't believe the iPhone is merely a phone? Apple's laptops have outsold their desktop offerings for years and with the coming convergence of wifi, 3G and cellular, something even more portable is needed. Apple is looking forward, not back.

mark88

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2004
My take on this is that given Vista is launched in a couple weeks Apple wanted to take away as much attention from it as possible.

We all expected a Leopard preview that would do just that. Instead, Apple chose to introduce the iPhone months away from it's release. IMO they did this for the reason above.

Leopard wouldn't have got nowhere near as much press coverage as the iPhone and the more attention on the iPhone the less attention on Vista.

Secondly, announcing the iPhone at MACworld instantly associates the products with Macs. Maybe also they thought that doing Leopard aswell would have been too much as everyone would be talking about the iPhone and not Leopard.

I dunno, but that's the only reasons I can think of. I expect another special event in the comming weeks.

Samaritan

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2006
Oxfordshire, UK
My take on this is that given Vista is launched in a couple weeks Apple wanted to take away as much attention from it as possible.

We all expected a Leopard preview that would do just that. Instead, Apple chose to introduce the iPhone months away from it's release. IMO they did this for the reason above.

Leopard wouldn't have got nowhere near as much press coverage as the iPhone and the more attention on the iPhone the less attention on Vista.

Secondly, announcing the iPhone at MACworld instantly associates the products with Macs. Maybe also they thought that doing Leopard aswell would have been too much as everyone would be talking about the iPhone and not Leopard.

I dunno, but that's the only reasons I can think of. I expect another special event in the comming weeks.

I must totally agree with you here. Apple would not try to beat Micro$oft and Vista with a big spin on Leopard.. way too simple. Announce the iPhone, watch Micro$haft squirm, then do the Leopard, iLife, iWork, iWhatever for the next few months and take the attention off Vista piece by piece for the next 6 months

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.