Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StuMcBill

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 11, 2011
Aberdeen, Scotland
I am running a iPad Air 2 with 8.1.2 jailbroken with Taig, and I just realised that none of my installed apps have been updated through the app store since 22nd December.

I am new to the world of iOS and just wondered if this was normal? I would normally have at least a couple of app updates every couple of days on Android?

Cheers

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
I am running a iPad Air 2 with 8.1.2 jailbroken with Taig, and I just realised that none of my installed apps have been updated through the app store since 22nd December.

I am new to the world of iOS and just wondered if this was normal? I would normally have at least a couple of app updates every couple of days on Android?

Cheers

Christmas Time - slows down

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013

Cheers

The amount of app updates on Android is ridiculous. Every time I switch my tablet on there are numerous app updates whirring away! They are much less frequent with iOS.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles

Cheers

It's the holidays. Developers are people too you know :p

rigormortis

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
i got the following apps
december 23 radio.com
december 28 watch abc, master card nearby

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012

Cheers

With Android, developers can just submit their app updates to the Play Store and they are available basically instantly to everyone for update, which has benefits and also disadvantages (Google not checking the app/app update) theres really no submission process on the Play Store for developers.

On iOS, the developer has to submit it to Apple the app or app update, whatever it may be, and Apple checks and scans the app out for any malware/violations of rules/etc then it puts it on the iOS app store, all which can take a few days, but I like this way better because it ensure's the app has no malware/anything bad, unlike the Play Store where fake apps always hit the Play Store and even malware can hide in legitmate apps sometimes

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx

Cheers

App developers need time off as well. The holidays will slow things down quite a bit. Every now and then you'll have an app update come through but you won't see a lot of activity until the after the first of the year

Cath Long

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2019
Ha ha, I know, I'm just used to Android and wanted to check.
Thanks to people who responded. I’ve been having issues with my iPhone XS Max so thought it was another one ? glad to know it’s normal at this time of year ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.