Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will_Kimoto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2016
Safari, App Store, Music, etc. won't connect to the internet, while third-party apps, such as Chrome will, and work perfectly. Anyone else had this problem? If so; how did you rectify it?

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
Test in a new user. Does it still happen there? If so: reinstall macOS via recovery, as it sounds like a system file is broken.

If not: something in your user account is causing the issue and it's likely going to take some more digging to find.

Reactions: Will_Kimoto

Will_Kimoto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2016
[doublepost=1468393820][/doublepost]
Test in a new user. Does it still happen there? If so: reinstall macOS via recovery, as it sounds like a system file is broken.

If not: something in your user account is causing the issue and it's likely going to take some more digging to find.

Thanks, I tried in a new user, and the problem still remains.
Btw, this problem only started occurring after downloading the beta

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
[doublepost=1468393820][/doublepost]

Thanks, I tried in a new user, and the problem still remains.
Btw, this problem only started occurring after downloading the beta

Fair. It could be a beta problem. But given that it only occurs in the built in apps indicates something went wrong during the install, possibly corrupting some system file. Particularly since it's occurring in multiple users. I would recommend a reinstall.

Will_Kimoto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2016
Fair. It could be a beta problem. But given that it only occurs in the built in apps indicates something went wrong during the install, possibly corrupting some system file. Particularly since it's occurring in multiple users. I would recommend a reinstall.
I tried a reinstall last night, unfortunately, no luck. I also made a bootable usb drive with the installer on it, but same problem again.

Will_Kimoto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2016
Does it occur in Safe Boot also?
I tried in Safe Boot this morning, didn't work, but I took it to the Genius Bar, and it worked on their network.
Now that I am home, it's working on my home network as well. He didn't change anything...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.