Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jihwoanahn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2021
I may be little too early or could even trigger a jinx with this post, but it seems like that it's slightly past a time when Apple usually posts invitation for an upcoming event, which I feel it's used to be 10 am pacifics time, that's what was for last Unleashed event anyway.

I wonder if they had no intention of holding Apple Event on March 8th at all, or this Russia-Ukraine conflict has changed things on their schedule by any means

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
I may be little too early or could even trigger a jinx with this post, but it seems like that it's slightly past a time when Apple usually posts invitation for an upcoming event, which I feel it's used to be 10 am pacifics time, that's what was for last Unleashed event anyway.

I wonder if they had no intention of holding Apple Event on March 8th at all, or this Russia-Ukraine conflict has changed things on their schedule by any means
I think the March 8th date was just something thrown out there. They should have an event in March hopefully crossing my fingers

No nothing going on in Russia should effect the supply chain since Apple gets their stuff from China and they’re not involved in this situation. I have to word this carefully because politics isn’t allowed in the form ?

Reactions: Reggaenald

afca01

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2022
What I think is that the 8th is the date the event will be announced.

In a previous event, I don't remember which one, they said it was on a date and after all, that date was the date of the announcement.

Reactions: Reggaenald

Crow_Servo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2018
America
What I think is that the 8th is the date the event will be announced.

In a previous event, I don't remember which one, they said it was on a date and after all, that date was the date of the announcement.
This seems likely, or the 8th will just be a press release and not an event after all.

alchemistmuffin

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2007
From what I have heard from industry sources, March Apple event has been in fact, cancelled due to war in Ukraine. For Apple, doing Apple event right now when there is massive war that may escalate to World War 3 would be extremely inappropriate.

In fact, there are words going around that all product releases planned for this month may have been postponed indefinitely until global situation improves a bit. And if it is released, it’ll be done via press releases.

Last edited:

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
Yeah, almost definitely not happening next week. It'll probably be the 15th / 22nd / 29th. Or press releases if the global atmosphere isn't dramatically improved in thirty days' time.

Edit: Shoot! I almost qualified that first sentence with “if no invites go out tomorrow,” but figured it was unlikely. Happy to be wrong there. :)

Last edited:

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
No nothing going on in Russia should effect the supply chain since Apple gets their stuff from China and they’re not involved in this situation. I have to word this carefully because politics isn’t allowed in the form ?

I would beg to differ. Flights coming from China going to the US fly the great circle route. To do that, they fly northeast off the coast of Japan, into oceanic airspace, then over to Anchorage. However, once they leave the NE coast of Japan, they fly through Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky FIR - Russian Oceanic Airspace - prior to being handed over to Anchorage Oceanic Control.

Right now, the West has only banned Russian aircraft from flying within its respective airspace, so we are essentially lucky that the opposite hasn't been reciprocated, where Russia bans our flights from their airspace. Should that happen, there isn't a way to fly the great circle route from China to Anchorage without going further out into the Pacific first then turning up, which would hurt most ETOPs-compliant aircraft, causing them to not be used. That limits the aircraft, which would limit how much could go onto an aircraft, which would affect the supply chain, and cause delivery dates to slip.

So one should hope that Russia doesn't ban aircraft from the west from their airspace; otherwise everyone is going to be in trouble.

BL.

jihwoanahn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2021
From what I have heard from industry sources, March Apple event has been in fact, cancelled due to war in Ukraine. For Apple, doing Apple event right now when there is massive war that may escalate to World War 3 would be extremely inappropriate.
Yeah.. this is what I have feared.

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA

In fact, there are words going around that all product releases planned for this month may have been postponed indefinitely until global situation improves a bit. And if it is released, it’ll be done via press releases.
Tell me did Apple stop releasing models during Covid? :p

Last edited:

alchemistmuffin

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2007
A4C0622D-D69D-4315-9910-54DCE274E0E3.jpeg
Well, looks like the industrial source was wrong. Apple event IS happening as planned.

(There was probably some pushback against doing the event within the company, but looks like Apple wanted to bring good news to the world. I would’ve just kept with press releases only if I was Apple)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.