Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clayton630

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2022
Am I the only one thinking Pro iPhones colors are super boring ? I mean graphite is a weird sort of grey not dark enough to be black but not light enough to be silver, the silver is boring white and the gold looks almost the same as the silver one. At least for the past three years we’ve had very good looking shades of blue and green but if the 14 Pro’s fourth color is purple and the three other ones remain the same as today, to me, the lineup will really look bad. I’d really love to be able to buy an actually matte black iPhone 14 Pro instead of graphite. What do you think ?

pizzzle

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2015
nyc
Agreed. I was also disappointed with the previous sierra blue and midnight green. In most light, they just looked gray to me..

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Am I the only one thinking Pro iPhones colors are super boring ? I mean graphite is a weird sort of grey not dark enough to be black but not light enough to be silver, the silver is boring white and the gold looks almost the same as the silver one. At least for the past three years we’ve had very good looking shades of blue and green but if the 14 Pro’s fourth color is purple and the three other ones remain the same as today, to me, the lineup will really look bad. I’d really love to be able to buy an actually matte black iPhone 14 Pro instead of graphite. What do you think ?
I think you should consider getting a case. It's crazy how large the case selection is for iPhones. You can always find the right one to express yourself. I remember being on Android and I was jealous of that.

The problem is they have to make each color and inventory it separately. They also have to calculate demand for that color. You like matte black but maybe only 5% of people would buy a matte black iPhone. Before you say wait it's more than that yeah sure I just pulled that number out of the air but that's the thing Apple has to figure out. They pick a few colors that they think are the most popular.

It's a supply nightmare once you start getting so many variations. You have to remember all the storage sizes and now we have two Pro and two regular iPhones.

If you're asking color preferences though I would be super excited for a white iPhone like back in the day.

• Sad
Reactions: vddobrev and Lcgiv

Splitrail

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2021
Funny, I obsessed over the color of my phone , got EXACTLY what I wanted, then it wasn't long before realizing that unless I took it out of it's case, it doesn't make a darn bit of difference what color it is.
Outside the case though, I think the Graphite is VERY attractive.
I admire it weekly as I'm cleaning both the case & the phone.
:D

acorntoy

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2010
I never after the iPhone 4 White (learned with my OCD it wasn't a great color) until I saw Sierra Blue, I wanted that like I wanted the white iPhone 4. Embarrassingly I really wasn't planning on upgrading until I saw it, hopefully they don't manage the same trick this year.

Reactions: Clayton630

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Prefer pacific blue to Sierra blue
The silver is nice IMO
Gold not for me but not terrible
Space grey disappointing on the pros. Professionally bleak. Would like a thick non navy blue hue black

Alex Cai

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2021
Since I'm a fan of green stuff, I'm not impressed when Apple didn't have a green phone at the iPhone 13 event, so I got a green case. Then Apple made a green iPhone! So frustrated.
attachment.png

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
I've been buying the black/graphite colors ever since the 3GS except the one time I got silver on the iPhone X but if that rumored light purple color gets released I think I might get that one, looks so bloody good.

haqsha23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2017
Mississauga
I was really disappointed that we didn’t get the bronze/orange last year. I have little faith in them releasing a purple. It’ll probably just be a light purplish blue which I would have no interest in. I’ve already had all of classic pro colours and green (never picked the blue’s) and am bored of them as well

Reactions: andyw715

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
With 14PM I will be going with graphite. I've gotten new colors on previous years. Went sierra blue on 13PM last year. With rumors of purple this year. No thanx.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
I think they should reintroduce Pacific Blue and Midnight Green as consistent options and also add more variety in colors. That yellow gold that introduced in the 11 series in addition to the other colors in that series like the baby blue should be available as on demand at least. But it looks like the seasonality of the colors introduced with each rev is kinda costly even for Apple. I just thinking making it be a color you choose and wait a little bit longer for would be worth it.

• Love
Reactions: Lcgiv

Martyimac

macrumors 68020
Aug 19, 2009
S. AZ.
I had always bought the dark or black colors then one day I decided on a change. Been rocking a green 13 Pro and apple case and loving them.

Kiimora

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
London UK
The proposed new colour is actually not purple but lilac/lavender 😗. I am a Pacific Blue fan so tend to gravitate towards deeper shades

loybond

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
The True North, Strong and Free
I have the new blue (Sierra?) And like it, but the previous blue (Pacific I guess) looked awesome to be. I love purple so I can't wait to see if they actually come out with that.

I used to get gold every year since the xs, and silver before that, but these colors they're coming out with are pretty great to me... Classy, and they don't get tiring over time. Love the look of the polished metal sides with the color.

Lcgiv

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2017
Hangzhou
Very happy with pacific blue, I am not a fan of the mid cycle color releases. Not because I don’t like the colors, but because I may have gotten one if it had been available at launch. Upgrading mid cycle feels like I should just wait, even if I dig the green that would match my motorcycle :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.