Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TiT38

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2016
French Alps
Hello

I have a new 15 tbMBP 2.6/1TB/460 and I am definitively very happy with it...except

except that I cannot pair anything in bluetooth, under bootcamp and windows 10 : Bose headset, Logitech MX anywhere 2, blackberry (yes shame on me, but it's my job's phone).

it says "not available" or in the lower right popup "put the device closer" . And NEVER have accepted any pairing with any bluetooth device.
I noticed that after first bootcamp installation, the apple utilities installed a bluetooth driver...is it faulty

My other macbook (2013) pairs everything under windows 10/bootcamp

Please note that everything works perfectly under MacOs.
My problem is that I need to use my headset and mouse when playing under Windows

Do you have any idea, or have met this issue.
Is there a place to download a driver in case mine was faulty

Thank you for your help

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
Is there a yellow exclamation mark next to the driver in control panel/device manger/Bluetooth ?

You can always try update driver option etc or look directly in the bootcamp download and find the driver exe or setup and run manually

It's not uncommon to have to re-run some of the winsetup files again even though you think they were installed ok

For what it's worth there was no bootcamp BT driver for the MB when it was 1st released but works fine now

Last edited:

TiT38

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2016
French Alps
Thank you

checking the drivers was the first thing I did...they look OK, no exclamation mark.

I did a manual install of the bootcamp drivers that I downloaded from the bootcamp utilities.. no result
the strange thing is that they are dated for November the 24th, and a new BT (and only this one ) was updates by the utilities after full BC drivers install.

What is strange too is that BT on my other MBP bootcamp works very well, so there is a driver for that.
maybe the actual driver does not fit the late 2016 hardware.

could some one try to pair (edit : not paint )something with a late 2016 MBP under BC ?
thank you

Last edited:

TiT38

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2016
French Alps
Pair ... lol. edited above

thank you

Do you know where to find former BT drivers for bootcamp ? I've only found the last ones

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
Pair ... lol. edited above

thank you

Do you know where to find former BT drivers for bootcamp ? I've only found the last ones

I just looked at my wifes on her MB 12" they are dated 01/01/2014 there's 3 files AppleBluetooth/Broardcominstaler/Enablerinstaller/installer

You use to be able to do a direct download from Apple of the bootcamp software, not looked for sometime sorry

mikeo007

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2010
In Windows 10 under device manager there should be an option for "roll back driver". Double click the Bluetooth device and click roll back driver.

I had a very similar problem with the GPU driver on my 13" TB, windows automatically updated it to a newer driver that did not function correctly. I was able to roll back to the original boot camp driver and correct the problem. I wouldn't be surprised if windows is also pushing other incompatible drivers.

TiT38

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2016
French Alps
Thank you for your help. I will test this tomorrow.

Imho it's only a driver issue because the hardware works with macOS

TiT38

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2016
French Alps
Hello

No way to roll back driver, the option is grey-ed
May I should wait for driver update

Did someone met the non-pairing BT issue on the new tbMBP under bootcamp? And W10. nothing is pairing, the devices are seen by pairing utility, but pairing process doesn't Work

Thank you

TiT38

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2016
French Alps
up, please someone could test a BT pairing with a freshly bootcamp W10 installed (with BT driver auto-updatded)

thank you

TiT38

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2016
French Alps
Solution found !

First of all I did the command option p+r (waiting 20sec at startup) to reset the pram (or nvram, don't remember)

Then I could pair under bootcamp, but sound on bt headset or mouse'moves were laggy as hell

In fact There is an incompatibility between 2.4 ghz wifi and Bluetooth. I connected to my router only with 5ghz and everything works now

Waiting for an update of the wifi/BTS drivers

Patrick-Photo

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2012
Solution found !

First of all I did the command option p+r (waiting 20sec at startup) to reset the pram (or nvram, don't remember)

Then I could pair under bootcamp, but sound on bt headset or mouse'moves were laggy as hell

In fact There is an incompatibility between 2.4 ghz wifi and Bluetooth. I connected to my router only with 5ghz and everything works now

Waiting for an update of the wifi/BTS drivers

2.4gHz issues are common. my bluetooth mouse has it with an HP notebook as well as both the Macbook Pros I had. I read somewhere it had to do with which block of bandwith the wi-fi was using in relation to the bluetooth frequency.

esaelias

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2016
Is there a yellow exclamation mark next to the driver in control panel/device manger/Bluetooth ?

You can always try update driver option etc or look directly in the bootcamp download and find the driver exe or setup and run manually

It's not uncommon to have to re-run some of the winsetup files again even though you think they were installed ok

For what it's worth there was no bootcamp BT driver for the MB when it was 1st released but works fine now

when you say re install driver how? i have a logitech mx anywhere can you aid how to install boot camp drivers?

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
I am also unable to pair my MX Anywhere 2 mouse under Windows 10, works great with OS X. Other devices (speakers/headphones) however pair without problems. I am using a 5Ghz wifi network. So its a general issue? Its kind of a big deal to me because I don't need the mouse when I'm working with OS X actually...

esaelias

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2016
I am also unable to pair my MX Anywhere 2 mouse under Windows 10, works great with OS X. Other devices (speakers/headphones) however pair without problems. I am using a 5Ghz wifi network. So its a general issue? Its kind of a big deal to me because I don't need the mouse when I'm working with OS X actually...

you know for a second it worked then stopped...people are saying to uninstall the drivers and re install bootcamp drives its s driver issue..i need it too as sumtyms i play skyim and need the mouse

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
you know for a second it worked then stopped...people are saying to uninstall the drivers and re install bootcamp drives its s driver issue..i need it too as sumtyms i play skyim and need the mouse
I'm sure Leman (being an IT guru) would of tried to delete the drivers and re-install so if he can't it must be some compatibility issue with the MX and Apples drivers under bootcamp

Else you can delete the drivers from the control panel device manager then re-install using the have disk option and locate the file from the bootcamp drivers you downloaded to install W10

Tailslide

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2018
except that I cannot pair anything in bluetooth, under bootcamp and windows 10 : Bose headset, Logitech MX anywhere 2, blackberry (yes shame on me, but it's my job's phone).

I had a very similar problem but I could only pair Bluetooth 3 or earlier devices not BTLE mice. No matter what I did I got the same message as you. I tried with the Logitech Master 2s and the Microsoft Surface mouse same result. I reset the pram and it didn't help. Everything paired under OSX just fine but not bootcamp.

Finally Logitech support sent me some steps to follow and it fixed pairing for *both* mice even the Microsoft mouse. I have no idea how it works since everything still pairs even after I re-enable all the services and startups after clean boot:

--
* Please uninstall Logitech Options from your computer via the "Add/Remove Programs" menu in your Control Panel and reinstall updated version in the downloads section here: http://support.logitech.com/en_us/downloads
* Remove all instances of the device from the Device Manager and reboot your computer as per the clean boot article here: http://support.logitech.com/en_us/article/228
* Test the device on another computer using a USB 2.0 port to verify if the issue follows the device between systems.

elsuperdavid

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2018
Thank you for your help. I will test this tomorrow.

Imho it's only a driver issue because the hardware works with macOS

Has anyone found a legit fix for this? The Logitech Bluetooth adapter works fine with my MBP 2014, MBP 2017 and my Mac Mini 2014 running macOS... but when I run Windows 7 on the Mac Mini using Bootcamp, there is an error saying the device drivers did not install properly...

LT does not have a driver for this device on their website and every other application that I've seen the LT BT adapter used in, works without any issues. It must be something with the drivers missing from Bootcamp or something. I haven't been able to figure it out

The error reads "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"

But my Apple branded "magic mouse" and the magic trackpad does not connect. Windows thinks it's a camera. I think maybe the bluetooth drivers included with Bootcamp are not 100% correct, right? There have to be drivers for the bluetooth receiver inside the Mac Mini.

UPDATE: just found this post from 2011 talking about Windows 7 and the lack of BT audio support

"I have "upgraded" both my machines at home from VISTA HOME PREMIUM, to Win 7 HOME PREMIUM. After the upgrades, I lost all Bluetooth audio support. Many searches through numerous forums, had no real answer."

https://windowsforum.com/threads/make-your-bluetooth-devices-work-on-windows-7.24580/page-2

Last edited:

lilins

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2018
Villeurbanne
i actually have same kind of issue with logitech k811 bt keyboard. not recognized under win 10. i managed one time to do it but then it was not available at early boot for pram/alt etc...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.