Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bgpipesolo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2013
Hi. I installed iOS 7 on my iPad 3 yesterday and haven't found much wrong with it except for one really irritating problem that I can't find a solution for anywhere.

When receiving an iMessage the contacts name is displayed in the notification centre and on a banner but in the app itself it only displays the contacts telephone number... This makes it really hard to know who I'm talking to! I've tried signing out and back into iCloud, re-syncing contacts, etc.

Everything online is just a solution for the "short name" in Messages problem but there is literally nothing for it just showing the number. Please help, I'm pulling my hair out trying to fix this!!

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Have a friend whose iPhone doing the same thing. Verizon iPhone users can dial *228 and option 1 to resolve this issue. ATT users no idea what to do other than have read a few places that "reset network settings" will resolve it. May be worth a try on iPad as well.

bgpipesolo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2013
We'll I'm in the UK so I cant ring anybody :/ just tried retting network settings and no luck. What a nightmare...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.