Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aftermath747

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2015
I just updated my iPhone X to 11.2 and the bar to access Control Center isn’t there. Is this a bug? Something I need to do to activate it?
From the update article: “iOS 11.2 adds a small bar underneath the status bar icons located at the upper right side of the Lock screen, which is designed to make the location of the Control Center gesture more clear.”

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I just updated my iPhone X to 11.2 and the bar to access Control Center isn’t there. Is this a bug? Something I need to do to activate it?
From the update article: “iOS 11.2 adds a small bar underneath the status bar icons located at the upper right side of the Lock screen, which is designed to make the location of the Control Center gesture more clear.”
And you are looking for it just on the lock screen, right? And you have Control Center enabled when locked?

Last edited:

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
It’s pretty faint. Enough people are hating on it that not seeing it at all might just be a blessing.

Aftermath747

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2015
And you are looking for it just on the lock screen, right? And you have Control Center enabled when locked?
Is it only supposed to be on the lock screen? I thought it was persistent. It is on my lock screen so if that’s the only place it should be, there’s no problem.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Is it only supposed to be on the lock screen? I thought it was persistent. It is on my lock screen so if that’s the only place it should be, there’s no problem.
Yup, only on the lock screen (as the quoted part from the article essentially mentions as well).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.