Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wedzmer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2018
Hello everyone,

I'm put into a hard situation here. My brother and I have 2 MBP, mine is running on high sierra and he's is still running on Yosemite... he didn't want to update for some reason... until he saw my apps on my MBP and he couldn't use the same ups with Yosemite (i don't know why though)...

So he asked me to save him the trouble of updating through the app store and instead used the erase-partition-restore method using cmd+r in the disk utility while booting up.. everything went well, including the restore process which actually finished after a couple of hours...

I used my hdd as the source and his hdd as the destination for the restore... then when I closed disk utility and shut down his mbp, removed my hdd and booted up with his newly restored hdd, I get the no entry sign. Not even seeing the apple logo or whatever.

I tried pressing the cmd+r again, but i don't get to see the recovery options, the no entry sign pops up immediately. I also tried cmd+alt+r, still the same result... again with cmd+alt+shift+r, still to no avail...

please help!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.