Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kontikonsumi

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2020
The Apple Store in Germany, denied my Apple Care Express reperation for my iPhone 11 (with Apple Care), for the reason that it was purchased in the Apple Store in Hong Kong. An alternative solution from them was for me to fly to Hong Kong, do a 21 days of quarantine and get a support for the device there.

However I oddly got Apple support for the same iPhone 11 in Hong Kong in Germany for the screen and camera, since they had the parts available.

Furthermore the Terms and Conditions for the Apple Care in Hong Kong Macau and Singapore says the following: "
For international service, Apple may repair or exchange products and parts with comparable products and parts that comply with local standards." (5. Service Options) (https://www.apple.com/legal/sales-s...careplus/0921/091421_applecareplus_apacen.pdf)

Did anyone encounter a similiar issue and was anyone able to get an iPhone Express Replacement for their Hong Kong/MainlandChina/Macao iPhone outside of the East-Easia-Pacific region, eg. somewhere in Europe or the UK? That would be very helpful for as I could jzst fly to those countries to get a support. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: arfbsantoso

hyelton

macrumors member
May 23, 2015
Yesterday the Apple Store in Germany, denied my Apple Care Express reperation for my iPhone 11 (with Apple Care), for the reason that it was purchased in the Apple Store in Hong Kong. An alternative solution from them was for me to fly to Hong Kong, do a 21 days of quarantine and get a support for the device there.

However I got support for the same device in Germany and Italy for the screen and camera repair, since they had the parts available.

Did anyone ecounter a similiar issue and was anyone able to get an iPhone Express Replacement for their Hong Kong/MainlandChina/Macao iPhone outside of the East-Easia-Pacific region, eg. somewhere in Europe or the UK? That would be very helpful for as I could jzst fly to those countries to get a support. Thanks!

Usually which most companies warranty is only valid in the country you bought the phone, it’s normal practice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.