Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlmostThere

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
When I plug my (analogue) speakers into my Intel Mini, I just hear a regular clicking sound (once every second or so) that fades over about a minute, and then nothing. Internal speakers work, as do USB headphones.

Is there anything I need to do so that they just work, or is it time to phone up apple support?

afornander

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2006
when did this start happening? if it just one day didnt give out any sound, then u might want to bring it in to your local apple store.:eek:

AlmostThere

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
afornander said:
when did this start happening? if it just one day didnt give out any sound, then u might want to bring it in to your local apple store.:eek:

I only recently tried using it with speakers, so AFAIK it has been forever - just wondering if there is anything like an internal / digital signal switch. The speakers work fine with my PB and Airport.

Unfortunately taking it into an Apple store is not really a feasible option for me - the nearest store is over 2 hours away and the only times I can go are weekends when it is packed. I tried this once with a damaged PB ... never again!

Anyway, I am just waiting for a new external HDD to arrive so I can do a complete backup and then I will go from there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.