Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

james.dylan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2007
Honolulu, Hawaii
Hi, I searched the iOS 10 forum and didn't see this topic come up, so sorry if it's already there.

I upgraded my iPhone 6S to iOS10, wife too. Now, when we "swipe" up to get the flashlight icon, mine is totally not there anymore! It's like they removed the flashlight from my iPhone. On my wife's phone, it is there, but greyed out! Seems like a major bug, especially for both our phones. They literally removed a major feature, for me, as I use the flashlight icon at least every day.

beernut

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2016
Have you tried giving them a reboot just to get that out of the way?

If you have, would you mind posting sa screenshot of your control centers?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Hi, I searched the iOS 10 forum and didn't see this topic come up, so sorry if it's already there.

I upgraded my iPhone 6S to iOS10, wife too. Now, when we "swipe" up to get the flashlight icon, mine is totally not there anymore! It's like they removed the flashlight from my iPhone. On my wife's phone, it is there, but greyed out! Seems like a major bug, especially for both our phones. They literally removed a major feature, for me, as I use the flashlight icon at least every day.

Restart your phone.

jdogg836

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
Oklahoma
They literally removed a major feature, for me, as I use the flashlight icon at least every day.

They definitely didn't remove anything, you both have some sort of software issue. Restarting should always be your first step. If that doesn't work then a restore should be next.

tgara

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
You do realize that the Control Center has several panes, and that you swipe left/right to see them. The main pane has the flashlight, timer, and camera at the bottom.

Pro Tip: If you have an iPhone with 3D Touch, you can do tricks with each of those. For the flashlight, using a hard press on the icon allows you to change the light intensity level (low, medium, and high).

ThunderMasterMind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2016
If the light sensor detects bright light, then it disables the flashlight from use. Simply by greying out the icon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.