Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yoman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 11, 2003
In the Bowels of the Cosmos
Has anyone else noticed the lack of First Person Shooter games for the iphone/touch?

I was hoping for some type of Doom/Wolfenstein game. Simple with easy controls. Auto aiming like the original Doom would work nicely to free up some buttons.

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008
Has anyone else noticed the lack of First Person Shooter games for the iphone/touch?

I was hoping for some type of Doom/Wolfenstein game. Simple with easy controls. Auto aiming like the original Doom would work nicely to free up some buttons.

they are coming
dont worry

a game like that takes a LONG time to develop. Especially on a new platform using a completely different kind of code

i have read that they are prepping BIOSHOCK for the iPhone
that alone will make it the greatest mobile device on the market, current AND future

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
they are coming
dont worry

a game like that takes a LONG time to develop. Especially on a new platform using a completely different kind of code

i have read that they are prepping BIOSHOCK for the iPhone
that alone will make it the greatest mobile device on the market, current AND future

Carmack said ID are working on something. Really hope it's half decent, that's just the kind of game I'd love to play on my iPhone

DigMe

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
Does anyone know if there have been any new developments yet in FPS for non-jailbroken iPhone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.