Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ronni3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Chicago, IL
I just noticed that the Mac Pros don't come with Front Row. Is there any way of getting this installed on the Mac Pro, or not? I don't really need it, but would like the feature as it is on all other Macs.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Would you feel the same if, for example, the preloaded iWork trial software could be turned into a version that doesn't expire after 30 days?

Apple has not enabled or licensed Front Row for use with the Mac Pro in Tiger.

MR's policy on topics that should be off limits is quite clear. Andrew Escobar can probably tell you how much Apple wants Front Row on non-IR equipped machines.

B

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Would you feel the same if, for example, the preloaded iWork trial software could be turned into a version that doesn't expire after 30 days?

Apple has not enabled or licensed Front Row for use with the Mac Pro in Tiger.

MR's policy on topics that should be off limits is quite clear. Andrew Escobar can probably tell you how much Apple wants Front Row on non-IR equipped machines.

B

I've had to remove every link to his enabler on MR because it violates the EULA for the software.

However, I would think that, if Apple puts the software on Mac Pro machines, it would let you use it easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.