Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ninja Dom

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2007
Check your iPhone. Make sure Google Maps is installed on your iPhone.

If it is go into Settings > General > CarPlay, select your car, go to Customise and make sure Google Maps is included there.

Reactions: PeteLP

stevebrown1950

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2010
I had Google Maps on my CarPlay...no I don't. Anyone else lose their Google maps?
it’s gone in both of my cars. Interestingly the phone isn’t aware of the problem and car play seems to think it is there also. Google maps on the phone only shows the written instructions and car play still speaks the directions. I have 14.5.1 on my phone.

Ninja Dom

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2007
it’s gone in both of my cars. Interestingly the phone isn’t aware of the problem and car play seems to think it is there also. Google maps on the phone only shows the written instructions and car play still speaks the directions. I have 14.5.1 on my phone.
Maybe your car system needs a reset or restart.

This week the Music app constantly quit when using CarPlay, so I had to go into my car system and press "Restart System". Everything back working like it should.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
Gone? Meaning it isn't on the left side to select? You need to make sure it is selected from the screen that shows all the apps? Is it?

fastbagger

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2015
I would uninstall google maps and reinstall it. Also just an FYI if you own a Honda there is a software update for the radio just had mine updated last week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.