Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BeSweeet

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
San Antonio, TX
This has become frustrating to the point where I'm considering switching to Cricket (AT&T)...

For the most part, incoming calls work fine. I don't have VoLTE enabled, as I've noticed way more dropped calls and other odd problems (call failures due to poor cell site handoffs, for example), so I stick with UMTS/GSM for calls.

Occasionally (sometimes multiple times in a row), someone will call me, they say they hear ringing for several seconds (before getting to voicemail), yet my iPhone just sits there, as if nothing happened at all. In some cases, my iPhone might ring and vibrate for a fraction of a second before saying that the call was missed (as if the person calling quickly ended the call), yet the caller says that it was still ringing.

This has happened on my iPhone 6 Plus and my mother's iPhone 6s in multiple areas across the US.

While I'm assuming this is related to my carrier, I'm not ruling out the possibility of it being the iPhone's fault, as it's sometimes known as being a poor performer in the RF and baseband departments.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.