Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chuckles:)

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2006
CANADA
So I was looking at the canadian features page for the iPad, and there was no iBookstore. Looks like none of the international pages mention it. Hope they can secure content, cuz the ebook reader is half the reason i wanted this thing.

0blivion

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2008
This is shocking. I mean, my primary use for this is for reading. But, knowing Apple, they will surely fix this before or shortly after the product releases.

lee.anderson

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2006
UK
Of course there will be an international version. Remember, the iTunes Store was US only for a while. Same situation when they started selling Movies and TV Shows, US only and shortly after they introduce them to other countries. They just have to negotiate with the content providers, which I can guaranty Apple is doing right now.

chuckles:)

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2006
CANADA
Usually Canada gets to tag along with the US as far as content go, but looks like this time we might have to wait like the rest of the world.

3N16MA

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2009
Space
I understand that that Apple usually gets their content and some products out to the US market first in the past (they are a US company). However you would think they would be working hard to end that and at least have certain countries get content the same time with the US by now.

TheKrs1

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
Usually Canada gets to tag along with the US as far as content go, but looks like this time we might have to wait like the rest of the world.

? We did? I thought we had to wait for things like TV shows, movies, HD Rentals, iPhone..... all the iTunes store content.

Anyway it is looking like it is coming live here now, as per the article on the main page... anyone seeing what it looks like for Canada pricing yet?

macdim

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2007
Canada
? We did? I thought we had to wait for things like TV shows, movies, HD Rentals, iPhone..... all the iTunes store content.

Anyway it is looking like it is coming live here now, as per the article on the main page... anyone seeing what it looks like for Canada pricing yet?

We did. We only recently got any good TV shows and movies.

TheKrs1

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010

We did. We only recently got any good TV shows and movies.
Think you missed what I was saying?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.