Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grandosegood

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2024
hey all,

trying to boot my ventura mac pro 4,1 flashed to a 5,1 without a gpu so i can do the usb 1.1 patch from opencore legacy patcher. i believe this is called headless mode. however, when i remove the gpu and boot, i hear the chime and the computer presumably boots to desktop, but i have no internet, so i cannot vnc into the system or use screen sharing. with the gpu, the ethernet does work. any tips? Thanks.

grandosegood

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2024
i should have clarified, apologies - i complete ventura install with a native mac gpu, change icon to regular pic and set automatic login with screen sharing. then, i install opencore but uninstall root patches with my native GPU installed. i then shutdown, install rx 480, i see opencoreboot picker but just get reboot to recovery when attempting to boot rx 480 without root patches

Macschrauber

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2015
Germany
You should revert the root patches, install the gpu you use and then make root patches. If you dont have a picture, activate screen sharing.

If you dont have network, use a usb ethernet adapter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.