Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Come on people. Mean apple made iPhoto only for Os X and for poor childern like me living with 2 teachers O can't get s X what if apple pulling???:eek: If many people can't use there software why make it?

voicegy

macrumors 65816
Such a tragedy

Mean, bad, ol' Apple. How dare they make software that people who live with teachers can't use because (I assume) a teachers' salary isn't sufficient to purchase, what, a CRT iMac and OS X on an educational discount?

Perform odd jobs and save up.:p

(why did I post here anyway?! Oh, yeah, to rack up Posting Points...now I remember...)

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
it makes sense...

it makes some sense that they created iPhoto for X.....

they did make the move to have X as the startup OS on all new Macs....

and they do want to make all of that time and energy spent on creating X go toward something....

which is why there is going to be a very gradual switch to X all across the board....which would explain why they would release something only for X.....it'll be the small things that make it look attractive (software available only for X, for example)

some people will resist.....but most will succumb to aqua....

it does make sense....

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
this Aqua thing....why?

whats it all about?

I mean im noticing the visual beauty of it but whats behind the creation that makes it a wonder? whats under the hood/canvas that you techies love?

GigaWire

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2001
shhh...It's a secret!

main-03.gif

abe

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2002
iPhoto is definitly a hot piece of software.

I just hope that Apple will extend the photo book printing service to Europe ....

crassusad44

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2001
Scandinavia
Re: No iPhoto for me

Originally posted by MrMacman
Come on people. Mean apple made iPhoto only for Os X and for poor childern like me living with 2 teachers O can't get s X what if apple pulling???:eek: If many people can't use there software why make it?

iPhoto depends heavily on OS X technologies, like Quartz. An OS 9 version would take longer to develop and would not be half as good. Since Apple is now pushing OS X as the default OS, then why bother...

cmchamp

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2001
Michigan
iPhoto, OSX, Teachers

Well, if crassasad44's parent's teach in Michigan, there isn't any reason why they couldn't afford to upgrade their machines with OSX, or purchase new ones if they's managed their money. A husband/wife team teaching in Hillsdale County can bring home 75-80K a year, easily. The same husband/wife team would bring home 45-50K in NW Ohio. Michigan teachers get paid well (I used to be one).

I've been using Macs since '86. There have been many times Apple has upgraded their OS and left people behind. It's part of the technology. Just plain life. I'm presently waiting for some software companies to get caught up so I can switch to X completely.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.