Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barnaby117

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 5, 2007
I've tried every combination of device restarts and settings tweaks, but watchOS is not giving haptic notifications for Messages since upgrading to 7.4.1. Any ideas? Ugh.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I've tried every combination of device restarts and settings tweaks, but watchOS is not giving haptic notifications for Messages since upgrading to 7.4.1. Any ideas? Ugh.
Did you turn off message notification sounds for that on your iPhone in Notification Settings recently? Haptics on the watch are tied to sounds on the iPhone.

PegasusTenma

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2014
I have this exact same issue! Everything else has haptic notifications..... Everything except iMessage! Were you able to find a solution?

Barbareren

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2020
Norway & Mexico
I have issues mainly with Telegram and with Uber Eats (but the latter can also be very buggy on the phone itself). Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. I can't find any pattern.

ISprainedMyUvula

macrumors member
May 7, 2017
I've had this problem for 3 months thru various iterations of both iOS and watchOS. My 4 trips to the store haven't done a thing. They don't know anything, they only offer the most basic, rudimentary GUESSES about how to fix the issue. Thus far, they've had me unpair/repair the watch, restore the watch from a backup, set the watch up as new. Most recent unfruitful "solutions" they've offered are erasing/restoring the iPhone, which I've done, and setting the phone up as new, which they can go play in traffic about.

How I have $1500 in Apple's latest tech on my person and not have one of the most basic, most FUNDAMENTAL features not work thru multiple updates not only breaks my heart, it chaps my aß.

One of the most frustrating things about this is that when it does happen, I don't get a haptic notification on my phone, either. So, no notification AT ALL other the visual screen. Effing pathetic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.