Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fall3n

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2006
it does suck, but i'd rather save the 200 from the price drop on my new iMac 24". Plus i get to use the student discount and save 200 more, so whatever.

radakaal

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2006
Not all of the web pages were updated immediately. Even after I ordered, if you went to the store and clicked on the promos link, it took you to the offer in which the imac was still listed at the top of the eligible models. When you clicked on the imac link, it took me to the new core2duo imac. If the new model was linked to the offer, I shouldn't have to do research to determine if there are exceptions unless that was somehow indicated, which it wasn't. I don't feel that I was duped. I think someone screwed up and didn't have it all together on time. Combining this with wishful thinking on my part resulted in my situation. I do now see on the rebate form where the core2duo is excluded, but honestly, does everyone carefully research rebate forms before buying things. The way the things were linked at the apple store in no way made me doubt the eligibility of the imac I bought, so I didn't feel the need to check it out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.