Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jthesssin

macrumors regular
May 6, 2013
Matthews NC
I will gladly oblige. So sorry for the agitation

Not directed at you personally. just think of yourself as the customer service rep dealing with the pissed off masses! Our frustration lies with Apple, not with Apple fans getting the watch they ordered...

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
Hmm.....

I pre ordered 42mm SG SPORT and shipping is June.

I'm losing interest. I think I'll just cancel and use the funds to buy a larger TV and another Xbox.

I was very excited until today. Everyone's talking about the "email of death" and reading up on negative reviews.

. I'm watching positive reviews and watching those earlier watch trailers but I seem to have lost the vibe.

I saw that LG urbane which is stylishly better than 360 but then I know I wouldn't buy that because it's web os.

Oh I'll just wait for the first wave reviews. On a positive note, if it sucks its still not too late to cancel.

today, i ordered the 38mm sports watch. the green and white ships the fastest so far (1-2 weeks) while the rest are 3-5 weeks.

i have been waiting for the 42 mm for weeks now. my pr0blem is i have a 200mm wrist and heavier build at 5'7. i have no way of knowing how it would look in person but to gauge the appearance on my wrist using the case comparison on the apple app.

i am planning to just return it after i use it a few times just to satisfy my curiosity. I'm just gonna tell apple that the size is just wrong for me and tell them the same reason why.

anyone had/have the same dilemma? did it eventually look good on you? did you return for exchange? would they even do that?

i know i know it's still too far away... wishful thinking and praying to the old gods and new that something will come up in the next few days and speed up the process instantly.

i originally preordered a space gray on april 10 with delivery of 3 jun - 11 jun but cancelled it as a friends aw color of the band was fading and the case was prone to scratches.. so i ended up with this 2nd choice (may 10) that i don't like. i might auction it on eBay or sell it for 850 canadian (has ac+) plus shipping obo around my area...

Okay I ordered 42 mm SS bsb on May 1. It just shipped today. How long should I expect it to be delivered? Tried to track it but no info yet just track number on ups site.

I'm thinking people likely shouldn't get too worked up.

kirkhuffy

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Philadelphia
Ordered a 42 sg bsb may 2nd and still have June 23-July 8. I'm happy for you but this is just crazy. I'm going to be so disappointed if these hit stores and my order wasn't shipped

Even worse I feel awful for those who ordered in mid April and don't have anything. Apple is royally screwing up.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
There was never pain or suffering. You owe anyone who has ever experienced actual pain or suffering an apology.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Tim Cook saying AppleWatch coming to Apple stores in June doesn't mean all models. So we still may be waiting. Hopefully not

upnorth85

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2011
MN, USA
It is clear that Apple has separate waiting times for each country and Canadian waiting times are substantially less than US waiting times. So new threads without having Country name other than US showing short wait times are causing angst to US based forum members. Having country names in such thread titles will avoid unnecessary flames. Some forummembers do not have location in their profile and this again leads to some more flame. Just an observation here. No doubt Canada is very dear and near but for Apple treats each country supplies and strategy uniquely.

My order will arrive soon instead of July shipping. #

42mm SS SG W/ Link ordered May 3!!!

There is hope! Apple is catching up for June store launch###

I'm excited for everyone! #

Cobalt Thunder

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2015
Ordered 11th April AUS time for 42 SS LL Black Med.
Went from June to 22-28 June to 18-25 June and now Preparing for Shipment as of today!
Production's definitely ramping up!

Hopefully have it Friday AUS time!

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
It is clear that Apple has separate waiting times for each country and Canadian waiting times are substantially less than US waiting times. So new threads without having Country name other than US showing short wait times are causing angst to US based forum members. Having country names in such thread titles will avoid unnecessary flames. Some forummembers do not have location in their profile and this again leads to some more flame. Just an observation here. No doubt Canada is very dear and near but for Apple treats each country supplies and strategy uniquely.

Ah, no. Or I would have gotten mine earlier than OP. (I'm still July, as I should be btw).

I'm guessing he ran into some Photoshop issues with the screen capture he was preparing for us.

IMHO - nothing to see here folks.

M.Rizk

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Ah, no. Or I would have gotten mine earlier than OP. (I'm still July, as I should be btw).

I'm guessing he ran into some Photoshop issues with the screen capture he was preparing for us.

IMHO - nothing to see here folks.

If you check the UK order status thread, someone ordered a SS WSB 42mm on the 7th of May and got it already.

This could be due to:
1. Apple is now able to produce more in much less time
2. Many canceled their orders after they heard about stores offering them in June
3. Apple now has excess of some specific units.

I think the SS WSB sold probably the least (more than Edition of course) because the white band can easily catch dirt and will change color in almost no time.

----------

Take a look at this post.

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/21321337/

Those who want the Watch faster can place orders for the SS WSB and change bands later. If you decide to do so, keep your current order also open as I will not be held responsible if you lose your position in the queue.

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
If you check the UK order status thread, someone ordered a SS WSB 42mm on the 7th of May and got it already.

This could be due to:
1. Apple is now able to produce more in much less time
2. Many canceled their orders after they heard about stores offering them in June
3. Apple now has excess of some specific units.

I think the SS WSB sold probably the least (more than Edition of course) because the white band can easily catch dirt and will change color in almost no time.

----------

Take a look at this post.

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/21321337/

Those who want the Watch faster can place orders for the SS WSB and change bands later. If you decide to do so, keep your current order also open as I will not be held responsible if you lose your position in the queue.

That should suggest that Apple has filled the backlog for the 42mm SS WSB. If not, then someone should be getting a con call going with that person that ordered in May, themselves and Apple CS.

The backlog needs to be filled before new orders. If they take these way out of order, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

There are thousands of SB SS backorders. The 42's haven't even cleared the first 5 minutes of pre-orders yet. The 38's are up to 20 minutes. Again, this is just of 4/10.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
That should suggest that Apple has filled the backlog for the 42mm SS WSB. If not, then someone should be getting a con call going with that person that ordered in May, themselves and Apple CS.

The backlog needs to be filled before new orders. If they take these way out of order, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

There are thousands of SB SS backorders. The 42's haven't even cleared the first 5 minutes of pre-orders yet. The 38's are up to 20 minutes. Again, this is just of 4/10.

I ordered the 42mm SS WSB on April 30th and have no update other than that it will deliver between June 22-29th.

Other countries are definitely getting this one faster.

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
I ordered the 42mm SS WSB on April 30th and have no update other than that it will deliver between June 22-29th.

Other countries are definitely getting this one faster.

Well, if that was the case, at least in that country it should be in order, no?

If this case is true, it's way out of order. He had a July window - shouldn't be anywhere on the horizon as there's thousands of orders before his.

If it's true, it's not his fault, it's just that there's a huge bug in Apple's order processing system. Something we should be making them aware of. Now, as they won't let me talk to them about his order and vice versa, you would need to have them con call a couple of customers in to have it properly documented, so it could be investigated.

He would still get his watch, but the problem with the system would need to be identified.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Well, if that was the case, at least in that country it should be in order, no?

If this case is true, it's way out of order. He had a July window - shouldn't be anywhere on the horizon as there's thousands of orders before his.

If it's true, it's not his fault, it's just that there's a huge bug in Apple's order processing system. Something we should be making them aware of. Now, as they won't let me talk to them about his order and vice versa, you would need to have them con call a couple of customers in to have it properly documented, so it could be investigated.

He would still get his watch, but the problem with the system would need to be identified.

Oh, definitely agree. The issue lies with Apple, not with anyone that ordered a Watch. Happy for them to get their watches ASAP, just seems like the system is messed up!

mikepepe86

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2015
Ordered a 42 sg bsb may 2nd and still have June 23-July 8. I'm happy for you but this is just crazy. I'm going to be so disappointed if these hit stores and my order wasn't shipped

Even worse I feel awful for those who ordered in mid April and don't have anything. Apple is royally screwing up.

Ummm hold on here. You ordered May 2nd. No offense but that's well after the pre-order mark of April 23rd. Apple is really only 'obligated' to fill pre-orders which technically ended once release day happened. I agree, Apple messed this up but most of us ordered April 10th or 11th. Your shipping window is only reflective of the same wait time we have but later because well ummmm you ordered 3 weeks later.

Apple cannot be expected to fill every order before putting them in stores. They'll never be in stores. I've very often ordered an apple product online knowing I could go to a store and possibly get it faster. Once the April 24th release day came and went it became a convience to order online; Apple stated welllllll before that they would have stock in June in stores.

Apple definitely did not have a smooth launch but some accusations just aren't justified. Sorry!!

kirkhuffy

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Philadelphia
Ummm hold on here. You ordered May 2nd. No offense but that's well after the pre-order mark of April 23rd. Apple is really only 'obligated' to fill pre-orders which technically ended once release day happened. I agree, Apple messed this up but most of us ordered April 10th or 11th. Your shipping window is only reflective of the same wait time we have but later because well ummmm you ordered 3 weeks later.

Apple cannot be expected to fill every order before putting them in stores. They'll never be in stores. I've very often ordered an apple product online knowing I could go to a store and possibly get it faster. Once the April 24th release day came and went it became a convience to order online; Apple stated welllllll before that they would have stock in June in stores.

Apple definitely did not have a smooth launch but some accusations just aren't justified. Sorry!!

Lol you're ridiculous. All I said was I'd be disappointed and that I feel awful for those who ordered for the pre order. You can take your holier than thou attitude and piss off.

mikepepe86

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2015
Lol you're ridiculous. All I said was I'd be disappointed and that I feel awful for those who ordered for the pre order. You can take your holier than thou attitude and piss off.

Ah, gotta love the commrodory on these boards! Always such nice people around here with completely justified attitudes for being snarky. You rock man.

kirkhuffy

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Philadelphia
Ah, gotta love the commrodory on these boards! Always such nice people around here with completely justified attitudes for being snarky. You rock man.

For the record, you misconstrued my original post and replied with the snark you speak of.

Nowhere did I say I deserve the product before it hits stores as I know I ordered after the pre order (hence just some disappointment).

And Apple did tend to have a very screwy pre order process which is clearly evident here. However if it makes you feel like a man, you win. I really don't want to derail this thread any longer.

dilap

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2014
London, UK
It may be best, if possible, to provide a screenshot of the order status on the Apple Store App, as to avoid questions about photoshopping/changing the website; it is hard to photoshop the Apple Store app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.