Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zap2

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
It's hard to call the Xbox 360 anything but a success, but having missed some sales numbers, ringing up an extra unexpected $1b on the corporate card because of warranty issues, and still generally failing to make a profit, it looks like Peter Moore, who we just sat down with a few days ago, has stepped down from his embattled position as the ringleader of Microsoft's Xbox group. Successor to his role is Don Mattrick, who is taking over not just Peter's position as VP of Microsoft's Interactive Entertainment Business, but leading the group (including Games for Windows) entirely. Moore's new job? Prez of EA Sports, down in the SF bay area. Take THAT, Microsoft.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/17/peter-moore-resigns-as-head-of-xbox/

More info, I'm sure as it comes. EA for Moore? Yuck!

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
Man WTF
I've always liked Peter Moore.
I liked him at Sega and I liked him at Microsoft.
He goes to EA? bah :cool:
EA is the devil! :p

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
If only they got rid of that arrogant "Nelson" instead. Moore was alright, heck I don't owe MS any favors and I liked him.

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
In a cup of orange juice.
They should have probably got rid of this guy instead;
alltard.jpg

<]=)

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
Well Moore is quite the douchebag, and going to EA he will fit right in.

I wonder how he will react when he has to making dealings with Sony after all the s*** he talked about them ;)

Hard to turn this down:

Documents show executive (Moore) will get $1.5M signing bonus, $330K in moving expenses, $550K in base pay, up to $412,500 in annual bonuses, and 400,000 stock options.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6175226.html

Symtex

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2005
Well Moore is quite the douchebag, and going to EA he will fit right in.

I wonder how he will react when he has to making dealings with Sony after all the s*** he talked about them ;)

Hard to turn this down:

Documents show executive (Moore) will get $1.5M signing bonus, $330K in moving expenses, $550K in base pay, up to $412,500 in annual bonuses, and 400,000 stock options.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6175226.html

Dude, He's moving to SF area because he wants to be closer to his familly. His daughter was beggin him to move. I don't call that a douchebag but a FATHER.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
Dude, He's moving to SF area because he wants to be closer to his familly. His daughter was beggin him to move. I don't call that a douchebag but a FATHER.

*plays the world's smallest violin*

but seriously, i wasn't suggesting he was a douche for leaving MS. He is a douche, period, good daddy or not. What I am saying is that he will fit in well with EA, the lets-make-our-customers-pay-for-dumb-crap-like-extra-jerseys-in-the-next-gen-versions-but-include-them-in-the -LESS-EXPENSIVE-older-gen-systems-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-we-rule company

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
Moore leaves Reebok about the time they are getting "owned" by Nike.
Moore leaves Sega about the time they are getting "owned" by Sony/Nintendo.
Moore leave Microsoft about the time they are getting "owned" by themselves.

Question: Who's gonna "own" EA? :p

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
Question: Who's gonna "own" EA? :p

2k Sports has the greatest potential; I'm looking forward to the All-Pro Football game which will be a godsend since they don't have the NFL license anymore.

I've always preferred the Visual Concepts/2k Sports football games to Madden...I can't stand Madden anymore. After Madden '96 or '97, the game just got too out of my reach.

They've got the baseball license too. And I like their hockey games more.

Doubtful but who knows.

Madden is too entrenched in popular culture to fade away anytime soon. He'll be cashing checks long into the afterlife. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.