Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nidserz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
Dubai x Toronto
Hi everyone,
Yesterday an Apple employee helped me out and told me the reserve iPad in-store website. The iPad was still an option, but when I tried today it was no longer there (on the Canadian site).
I went to the US website and there was a banner with the iPad but it now says:
We are not currently accepting iPad reservations. But you can stop by your favorite Apple Retail Store to buy your iPad anytime.

Not sure if it just the website that I can access at home or even the in-store website that employees let you sign up on. Has anybody tried putting their name on a list today? If it is gone, that sucks because I can't buy an iPad anytime as they aren't available anytime. The reservation system is/was great. Thanks.

nidserz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
Dubai x Toronto
What is wrong with just ordering one online?

Well, there are a bunch of Apple Stores in my city and the current shipping time in the Canadian store is "June". If it was 7-10 business days, I would order online no problem, but I don't want it to be like June 28th, as I am pretty sure I can get one in store before then. I was just curious if they have stopped this program within the stores as well, as I haven't made it to the store today.

md63

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2007
Reserve is much faster than online order.

Chupa Chupa said:
What is wrong with just ordering one online?

What's the wait for an online 3G order? 2 weeks? Two days ago I went to the 5th ave store and put my name on the wait list to pick up a 64gb 3G which was "not" available. Before I left the store I received the email telling me that my iPad had arrived. I then put my name on the list for a 64 gb wifi and received notification that it had arrived about two hours later. The wait list is much faster than ordering on line.

Sent from the beach from my 3G iPad with unlimited data. Thank you AT&T. :D

nidserz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
Dubai x Toronto
Well I called a store in Toronto and they said I could be on the reserve list.
However, I ordered online for now as I can't go to a store for another 10 days (out of town). Ship date is just "June" still. If I can get back and go to a store and pick one up before the online order ships, I can just cancel. Thanks for the advice.

Shinigami301

Suspended
Jun 5, 2010
cogito, ergo zoom.
What's the wait for an online 3G order? 2 weeks? Two days ago I went to the 5th ave store and put my name on the wait list to pick up a 64gb 3G which was "not" available. Before I left the store I received the email telling me that my iPad had arrived. I then put my name on the list for a 64 gb wifi and received notification that it had arrived about two hours later. The wait list is much faster than ordering on line.

Sent from the beach from my 3G iPad with unlimited data. Thank you AT&T. :D

7 working days for an order placed for two 64gb 3G and a 64gb wifi unit in mid May. Had to get special dispensation from Apple to order three units at once (had to explain why and what they would be used for). According to the tracking data, all three shipped out of China on separate dates and arrived FedEx on the same day which was three days ahead of the projected delivery date.

lilo777

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2009
Could it simply mean that there is no need to make any reservations because iPads are/will be available in stores? I happened to visit a Best Buy nearby one hour ago and they had a sign that said that they had iPad 16 and 64 GB in stock. No need to reserve ;)

DocStone

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2006
Republic of Texas
Hey guys, I just wanted to chime in.

I did not want to wait 7-10 days so I called my local store and reserved it on the phone. TWO days later I got a call it was in! I went and picked it up. That is the way to go. I wonder why the X'ed it.

nidserz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
Dubai x Toronto
Thanks for the advice again. I guess Apple is slowly meeting the demand of iPads and stores are getting stocked more frequently (less wait times).
I have ordered online, but will definitely call my local store the night before my flight and hope it comes within a few days and can cancel my online order.

Glad you guys are enjoying your iPads! Can't wait for mine.

BaronStein

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2010
NY
It took me 8 days to get my 2nd iPad from in store reservation. So, it still takes a while to get them via reservation... At least in my case. It also varies with the store location, iPad model etc.

MaxPower49

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2008
I also noticed that you can no longer reserve online to pick up in the store.... does this mean they are able to keep them in stock now?

nidserz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
Dubai x Toronto
I also noticed that you can no longer reserve online to pick up in the store.... does this mean they are able to keep them in stock now?

No, still a lot of shortages across the US and in Canada from what I see.
You can still get on the reservation list in-store or on the phone (at least in Canada you can call in, not sure about other places). Hope that helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.