Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alelux

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2017
italy
Hi, I recently installed AudFree_Spotify_Music_Converter_1.5.0 which allows you to download music from Spotify. Unfortunately, since then I can no longer listen to Spotify on the Mac and all the system sounds such as the sound of the emptying basket have also disappeared. Instead, I can hear the music and the sound of the movies. Following sugestions taken around the net for problems coming out with similar programs I uninstalled the program and followed this procedure: search and trash the Audiojingle.driver folder and com.audiojinglex.soundtree.agent files, reset the NVRAM or PRAM. but nothing has changed. can someone help me?

Ruggy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2017
Have you been into 'settings' and looked at 'sounds'?
I've had odd things happen more than once and the solution has been there.
Sometimes something installs a new codec and you'll see a separate output listed so you want to make sure it's 'internal speakers' Also sound effects through internal speakers.
I also had a weird thing once where there was a new microphone added and that made sound output like it was in a tunnel.
So have a dig round there.

alelux

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2017
italy
thank you everyone! I modified the sound settings and now everything works! thank you Ruggy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.