Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maclamb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 28, 2002
Northern California
I bought a nano (white 4gb) mostly for the convenience of carrying a PDA that is basically a big stick of gum.
But after using it, I have decided to give it to my wife and use sw to keep my cell sync'ed with my calendar and contacts. I find I have to carry the nano AND cell phone, and I don’t really listen to music much unless I travel.
So, I'll keep my mini for music and cell phone as a PDA.
If a phone is released that also acts as an ipod/pda/usb hard drive, I'll be set.
I'm not holding my breath...

BTW: I am using datapilot as the cellphone synch program (runs on mac) and ipod-sync to instead of itunes to synch calendars with outlook.

VanMac

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2005
Rampaging Tokyo
maclamb said:
I bought a nano (white 4gb) mostly for the convenience of carrying a PDA that is basically a big stick of gum.
Why? It's not a PDA. Sure, it can hold some info, but it is marketed as a music player.......

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
I think you'll be waiting for a long time yet... with the failure that the ROKR looks like it will be I doubt that Apple is going to be jumping on any offers to make more iTunes ready phones...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.