Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

still in school

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 21, 2009
I have a 4th Gen iPod Touch and I used Green Poison AND Limera1n, both of which says the jailbreak was successful but no icons were installed for me to install Cydia. Can anyone help?

SpiritJb

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2011
I have a 4th Gen iPod Touch and I used Green Poison AND Limera1n, both of which says the jailbreak was successful but no icons were installed for me to install Cydia. Can anyone help?

Please provide more detail.

I don't know your firmware version (btw limera1n nor gp works with 4.2.1).
I don't know if your definition of no icon correlates to ghost icons or not.
I don't know if you used the loader to install cydia or not.

Please reply with the needed information.

Synthion

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2011
I had a similar problem, run through the steps.

If you are running 4.2.1 stop reading, they will say it's "jailbroken", but it is really not.

1. I used Limera1n and did not receive an icon either. I had to use Greenpois0n.

2. When you used GreenPois0n, did you see command-line run on your touch? If not, it's not jailbroken.

3. Try redsn0w, it's not as simple, but it is way more effective.

4. If you... Wait... I thought it was impossible to jailbreak a iPT 4G right now!:eek:

SpiritJb

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2011
I had a similar problem, run through the steps.

If you are running 4.2.1 stop reading, they will say it's "jailbroken", but it is really not.

1. I used Limera1n and did not receive an icon either. I had to use Greenpois0n.

2. When you used GreenPois0n, did you see command-line run on your touch? If not, it's not jailbroken.

3. Try redsn0w, it's not as simple, but it is way more effective.

4. If you... Wait... I thought it was impossible to jailbreak a iPT 4G right now!:eek:

Yes you can jailbreak ipt4g.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.