Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beefstu01

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2002
CA
*Dons flame proof suit*

Now, before I begin, I'd like to say that among you all, I am probably the most anxious to get a new PowerBook seeing as that I'm going to start college this FRIDAY.

That being said, I don't know if we're going to see new PB's on Tuesday. I know we have stock depletions for the 15" all over, and the 12" Book is gone most everywhere. The 17"er is getting heavy discounts inside Apple, so it seems just about right that we get an upgrade right now. I mean, all three models have been out for quite some time now, and it is the "year of the laptop," eh? However, we've heard little to nothing about what's going to be put into it. Little to no leaks of specs, etc... From what I've seen in the past, right before Apple releases something, everybody is talking about what the next revision is going to have, granted too that the day or two before the release the rumor mill goes silent.

I really hope there are new 'Books released on Tuesday, I really do! But it feels a bit odd right now, with the Paris Expo a month away, Panther being "close" to done, etc... I dunno, just some wierd feeling I got. Must be that General Tso's chicken that isn't agreeing with me.

*Throws on extra layer of flame proof suit*

Ambrose Chapel

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
Massachusetts
well i'll be at work early tomorrow and will be checking the apple online store, as will a bunch of other people i am sure. keep an eye out for the "APPLE STORE IS DOWN!!!!" threads...you'll know if something is coming. ;)

big

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2002
I couldn't wait and just bought a used 1ghz.. works great, it was cheap, so I can buy a really really good G5 laptop when/if they come out...

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
Originally posted by Ambrose Chapel
well i'll be at work early tomorrow and will be checking the apple online store, as will a bunch of other people i am sure. keep an eye out for the "APPLE STORE IS DOWN!!!!" threads...you'll know if something is coming. ;)

you should start one now just to mess with people.

beefstu01

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2002
CA
There was an evil thread at the MacNN forums. Said "Look at the 15" PowerBook Web Page" and it was nothing new. Evil yet funny.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
The chance of powerbook updates tommorrow certainly isn't in the bag or anything.

Tomorrow is the earliest day of the recent rumors.... only one site specifically said tomorrow.

arn

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
He's right, no need to release new PowerBooks THIS Tuesday.

Apple's already reached their good news quota for this week.

:p

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
beefstu01, you still might be in luck. ThinkSecret reported that the PowerBooks will be released sometime this week, and they are having a meeting or something on Thursday. so, now i'm hoping for a Firday release

actually now that i come to think of it... with Panther being so close to release, Paris expo not long away, and the PowerBooks not updated for a long time... I do get some sort of funny feeling as well. :eek:

but it's been reported that the development of the new PowerBooks is completed, so i'm not holding my breath.

You could always just get a second hand TiBook, then get a G5 PowerBook when they get here.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
not to throw fuel in the fire but Powerpage.org also said they are trying to do it sometime this week.

utdbear

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2003
Does anybody know if the price of the 867MHz 15" will drop any? I am deciding whether to go with a 12" or a 15" if the 15" price drops at all.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
i doubt they will sell that model but you may be able to get a better price on a refurb 867 15". I think powerbook prices will remain the same or increase maybe.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
always check the special deals section of apple.com, those are refurb i don't have experience with other refurb products.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.