Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Hi there

I did the High Sierra update. Everything great. Except Siri is still using the old voices. Not the new fancy one(s).

I tried to select different voices in the Siri settings but to no luck.

Any idea?

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
I even tried to select & download others in Accessibility Settings with "high quality" check mark but they still don't sound as fancy as the High Sierra beta previews I've seen on YouTube when people where showing it.

What gives???

garethjs

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2008
I even tried to select & download others in Accessibility Settings with "high quality" check mark but they still don't sound as fancy as the High Sierra beta previews I've seen on YouTube when people where showing it.

What gives???
Same here in Australia. And it’s still deaf. Everyone can hear me clearly on FaceTime but Siri can’t hear me even shouting

thecastle

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2017
Give it a few hours, the new voices download in the background when you are not using your Mac.

kaiguy

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2009
Update... new Siri voice still wasn't working for me. I went ahead and turned off "Enable Ask Siri" in the settings then toggled it back on. Within a few minutes, the new voice was here!

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Still nothing. Day 2.

Kept trying all these things too. Nothing works.

WTF Apple.
[doublepost=1506499796][/doublepost]Also disappointing: Why can you activate Siri only via icons or keyboard shortcuts... still no voice activation like on iOS.

I Need a Drink

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2013
Still nothing. Day 2.

Kept trying all these things too. Nothing works.

WTF Apple.
[doublepost=1506499796][/doublepost]Also disappointing: Why can you activate Siri only via icons or keyboard shortcuts... still no voice activation like on iOS.

Yep. Almost 48 hours and no new Siri on any of my 3 Macs.

I Need a Drink

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2013
I finally got the new voice on my MacBook Pro, but not on my iMac or Mini, yet. However, Siri is not doing the translate function that my iPad and iPhone are doing. Is translate supposed to work on the Mac Siri?

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Day 3 still nothing! Can't believe it. WTF APPLE? :mad:

I Need a Drink

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2013
Day 3 still nothing! Can't believe it. WTF APPLE? :mad:

I got the new voice, finally, on my MacBook Pro yesterday, but still nothing on my iMac and Mac Mini. Weird thing is, on my MBP, I got the new voice but it doesn't have the new features like translate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.