Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Julien

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Nike+ is one of Apple's most coveted and promoted 3ed party :apple:Watch Apps. It is also prominently listed on the :apple:Watch App page (4th down). We know Apple and Nike have a close relationship. However it still has not been updated for the :apple:Watch despite all others (I believe) being updated. Seems Nike/Apple are cutting it down to the wire on this.

Chiguy12

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2015
Chicago
It was just updated. I use the Nike run app all time and it's one of my favorite apps! And yes you're right Nike has a good relationship with Apple. I wish the Nike run app was native because you can't use the heart rate monitor on 3rd party apps. You up for a Nike challenge?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 113

Julien

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Good news. I have a Garmin 620 and use my iPhone and Nike+ as a backup recording. Have tried and used dozens of Apps through the years and Nike+ is the most accurate one so far.

I know 3ed party Apps aren't (yet) supposed to have access to sensors but I'm hoping Apple is allowing Nike+ to use the HR sensor (I know, not likely but.....) because of their unique relationship. On the App page Nike+ shows HR and doesn't say needing a 3ed party BT HR strap. So far it is not in the :apple:Watch App store so no full discretion. May have to wait and see for myself.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-20%20at%202.39.17%20PM_zpshfvtvdgj.jpg

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
We will have to wait till the WatchSDK is released then maybe third party apps can utilize the Watch's hardware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.