Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Retroworldnews

macrumors member
Original poster
May 19, 2019
When they are low in battery, I can see Notification pop out tell me to charge it but while I charged full never pop up notification tell me is fully charged. I have to like random go click the bluetooth icon to see is it fully charged. Is that normal like this? No notification when fully charged? Have to manually check?

colodane

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2012
Colorado
Yes, that is normal. And it is not an issue in my opinion.

Both devices charge very quickly (only a few minutes). I just keep the charge cable connected for an hour or so after notification while continuing to use the computer and then remove it at my convenience. The device is then always fully charged.

Reactions: iStorm

Retroworldnews

macrumors member
Original poster
May 19, 2019
Yes, that is normal. And it is not an issue in my opinion.

Both devices charge very quickly (only a few minutes). I just keep the charge cable connected for an hour or so after notification while continuing to use the computer and then remove it at my convenience. The device is then always fully charged.
Ok, but I do hope OSX can come out nofitication pop too for fully charged.

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
I have to like random go click the bluetooth icon to see is it fully charged.
Add the Battery widget to your desktop or Notification Center...

1711468511739.png

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
Interestingly, Apple's support documentation does say a notification should appear when the keyboard, mouse, or trackpad is charged...but I don't think I've ever seen it before.

When your keyboard, mouse, or trackpad is charged, you receive a notification on your screen or display that you can disconnect the cable and use your device wirelessly.

colodane

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2012
Colorado
Good find! Interesting that it doesn't seem to actually operate that way in practice.

I would think that this type of thing would be especially useful for Magic Mouse users whose device is actually out of commission while charging.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.