Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DAzzERxX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2017
I have a iphone 6s with ios 10.2.1 in it , everything was good in the first few months but now my device doesn't seem to show most of the notifications like for whatsapp,messenger and many other apps until you go to that app and open it also the browsing speed has decreased a lot I am currently using wifi. Also I have vpn app installed on my device when I change my vpn it somehow starts sending me the old notifications which were not showing earlier. A little help is appreciated.

I dont care about browsing speed
I just want my goddam notifications to come normally.

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I have a iphone 6s with ios 10.2.1 in it , everything was good in the first few months but now my device doesn't seem to show most of the notifications like for whatsapp,messenger and many other apps until you go to that app and open it also the browsing speed has decreased a lot I am currently using wifi. Also I have vpn app installed on my device when I change my vpn it somehow starts sending me the old notifications which were not showing earlier. A little help is appreciated.
Have you tried rebooting the phone? Clearing Safari data? Perhaps resetting some settings like network settings if not all settings?

Cancelled
Oct 11, 2015
Run your device with the VPN disabled or uninstalled for a while for testing purposes. If it runs well, check with the VPN developer (forum, e-mail, etc...) for possible software conflicts or other issues.

DAzzERxX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2017
Run your device with the VPN disabled or uninstalled for a while for testing purposes. If it runs well, check with the VPN developer (forum, e-mail, etc...) for possible software conflicts or other issues.
I run my phone with vpn disabled most of the time. The phone dose not run fine. I uninstalled the vpn abot 3-4 days ago.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I'm still on iOS 9 and I find that it at least seems like several third-party app notifications don't sound or show up on the lockscreen 100% of the time but I'll find them in the Notification Center. I have learned not to rely on them.

Also, sometimes it appears that updating an app screws up the Notifications settings for that app.

If I had 100 iOS devices to test with I could check these theories.

DAzzERxX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2017
I'm still on iOS 9 and I find that it at least seems like several third-party app notifications don't sound or show up on the lockscreen 100% of the time but I'll find them in the Notification Center. I have learned not to rely on them.

Also, sometimes it appears that updating an app screws up the Notifications settings for that app.

If I had 100 iOS devices to test with I could check these theories.
Hahaha yeah but the problem is iam not even seeing these freaking notifications in my notifications centre. To see if i have got any replies here in this form i have to go to gmail app and refresh it to see if there is any mail

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hahaha yeah but the problem is iam not even seeing these freaking notifications in my notifications centre. To see if i have got any replies here in this form i have to go to gmail app and refresh it to see if there is any mail
Have you tried reinstalling some of those apps to see if that makes a difference?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.